Cast

Based on the foot X-ray, is my foot fractured?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a fall from a stool almost eight to nine days ago. Since then, I had a foot swelling on the right leg. As I could not get an x-ray at that point of time, it was not diagnosed. I considered it as a sprain and used some natural oil massages and scrape bandage for a while. So, the swel...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a fracture of the base of 5th metatarsal bone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is not much displaced and so, it can be managed nonoperatively. You will either require a plaster cast or you can wear an Aircast boot. Apply ice packs for now two t...  Read Full »

How long does it take for anterior tibial tendinitis to heal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female with no allergies, smoking and drinking. I am suffering from anterior tibial tendinitis. I first began to feel the throbbing pain in my foot a month back. I was told that I have tendinitis. Last two weeks, I have worked for 12 hours a day with no day off was a bi...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, you need not have to quit your job. What you can do is that you can get an ultrasonography (USG) of the tendon done which will show you the inflammation and it will provide you with the documentation of anterior tibial tendinitis. With this documentation, you can a...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to put cast for green-stick fracture in a 6-month-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter fell from a 50 cm high bed on a carpeted floor. Three days later, her mother and I noticed that her right leg was not as active as the left one. Although she was not complaining from pain, it was very clear that she tried to avoid moving her right leg. She is 6.5 months ol...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your daughter has greenstick fracture of the distal femur. The cast which your doctor is asking to apply is hip spica. First of all, ideally hip spica should be applied under anesthesia to facilitate reduction of bone fragments but in this case, since no reduction is re...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to be in sling always for an arm fracture?

Query: Hi doctor, My 4 year old son fell down in play area and got his left arm fractured in the region of ulna and radius. We went to the emergency room immediately and the doctors did alignment and put him on cast and sling. Can you please check the x-ray and confirm the alignment? Since he is 4 years o...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reduction is not appropriate in this case, bone might join in a 4 year old child but this is certainly taking risk. Child requires removal of cast, reattempt at close reduction, application of slab for one week followed by check x-ray elbow with forearm with wrist-...  Read Full »

Does my X-ray show that both elbows are broken?

Query: Hello doctor,I fell off the bike. I took X-rays and the doctor is telling me that both elbows are broken. As a non-professional, I cannot see if it is really broken. I do not have any pain if I am not stretching the elbow too much. Are both elbows really broken? And if yes, do I have to wear the cas...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are fractures in both elbows but that is where a detailed description is needed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If you look at the radial head and neck area (the bone in the elbow that is on the outside or thumb side and had a round appearance...  Read Full »