Finger Joint Pain

What is trigger finger caused by?

Query: Hello doctor, I have my finger pain for few months, especially on the left hand of the ring finger. It becomes stiff also a bit like a trigger finger. I have pains, usually in the morning or when I wake up after a short or long sleep. When I fold the finger, the pain is not exactly in the joints of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sivasankar Reddy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your history and symptoms, it is definitely a trigger finger. With symptoms of almost 1-year duration, it better to go for trigger release, or else if you want to try, you can try local steroid injection and percutaneous release. But better is the first opti...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to fold my finger since I injured it?

Query: Hi doctor, Before few days, I got a hit in my finger with a tennis ball. I am not able to hold my finger from that time. I thought it was normal and applied ice over it. Also, I am using an ointment given by the doctor. It has been two days now and still, I am not able to fold my fingers. As ther...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. First of all, after applying ice for 10 to 15 minutes ask someone to hold your finger from your hand to the first joint. As there are three joints in the finger, ask them to move the first joint slowly without disturbing the second joint a...  Read Full »

Is it common to have pain and stiffness in fractured finger even after healing?

Query: Hello doctor,I have two issues. I broke my finger three months ago, and it healed. However, I cannot bend it as it is swollen and hurts when I try to bend it. I feel like something is restricting, like fluid around my joints possibly. Also, I may have some nerve damage because when I touch smooth th...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stiffness after finger fracture is very common and can persist if it is not addressed. Could you please share the images so that I can suggest a physio plan for you? It could be fibromyalgia, as it can cause pain in multiple places and again needs proper assessment. ...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain in my fingers especially in the morning?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in finger of hands and foot in the morning when I wake up. After I do some exercise the pain reduces. What must I do? I am currently on T4 levothyroxine.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it shows that you have a high ANA (antinuclear antibodies). These are antibodies related to arthritis. I suggest that the pain in your fingers and toes may be associated with the same. I...  Read Full »

What causes muscle twitches with pain in fingers and cracking elbow joints?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male. I have muscle twitches when relaxed, but they disappear when I move. I have pain in my right ring finger and cracking of elbow joints in both arms. I suffer from ulcerative colitis, and I am on Humira injection. My latest DMARD blood test returned normal.  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your symptoms: Since when you have ulcerative colitis? And since when you are on injection Humira? When you started to have muscle twitches? In which body parts, you have these twitches? Are these twitches visible to eyes or o...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in my wrist and fingers?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently feeling pain in my wrists, both hands. The pain sometimes radiates into fingers and finger joints and also the back of the palm. Yesterday, I completed my rabies five injection dose. I did a similar five injection course seven months back. Did I take an overdose? Are my...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from pain in both the wrist joints that radiate into fingers and finger joints with the back of the palm. You had a history of lifting a bag of 10 kg in a wrong wa...  Read Full »