Fingering

Fingering is a sexual act of inserting one or more fingers in the vulva, vagina or anus for the purpose of sexual stimulation or masturbation.

I fingered a masseuse, and we shared a Jacuzzi. Is HIV waterborne?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently went to a spa, and I had a back-to-back session with the masseuse. However, she insisted on having sexual intercourse. I declined. But I fingered her, after which there was a massive outflow of vaginal fluid. The fingers I used had no cuts or wounds. So, am I still at risk ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing in, and I understand your concern. I went through your pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). The chances of transmission of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) by fingering are highly impossible. This is becaus...  Read Full »

Are my bleeding and cramps before the due date because of tablet Plan B?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a protected intercourse one week ago and took tablet Plan B within six hours of intercourse. I took the pill because we fingered, and I am sure we had some semen in our hands. I got bleeding and cramps now, but my period is due after 12 days. Is this my earlier period or so...  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I can understand your concern.The bleeding you are experiencing is called withdrawal bleeding, and it is a side effect of emergency contraceptives like Plan B (Levonorgestrel).Plan B is synthetic progesterone called norethisterone. So, when you take it, the progesterone ...  Read Full »

Is any pill or other preventive measures needed to avoid pregnancy after fingering?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend gave me a handjob, and I had ejaculated on my stomach. I do not clearly remember if I had ejaculation on my fingers. I washed my hands immediately after this and wiped them as well. However, I did not use soap. After some time, I fingered her. Is there a chance of her getti...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For getting pregnant, the sperms have to be released inside the vagina of the female. These sperms then need to fertilize an egg which may or may not be available depending on the ovulation pattern of the female. This fertilized egg is then required to be implant...  Read Full »

I have a small bump on the finger after fingering. Am I at risk of HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I was sexually active recently. But there was no penetration. I ran my fingers on her private parts. And now, I have a small bump on that finger. I have shared the pictures. Am I at HIV risk? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the query. The chances of transmission of HIV with intact skin are very low. So, if it is only massage or fingering as you described, the chances of transmission of HIV appear to be none. Take care.  Read Full »

Will I break my hymen and loss virginity if I finger myself?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old female, and I masturbate very often. I just rub my vagina, but I do not finger myself. I get really tempted to finger it. Whenever I try to do so, I get nervous and just finish it off by rubbing my vagina. Is it safe to finger my vagina? If yes, how do I do it? What ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vagina will definitely be wet when you are aroused, so there is nothing to worry about it. Usually, fingering may lead to infection and irritation. Yes, there are chances of hymen rupture. The rupture of the hymen depends upon how strongly and deeply you insert y...  Read Full »

Can fingering cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female and for the first time, my partner did fingering in my vagina. And it was on the next day when my periods ended. He is pretty sure that his fingers did not have any semen. Also, he rubbed his penis over my body with both our lower body parts covered with clot...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It was next day at the end of your period. So, the chance of pregnancy is nil on this day. Even if you had sex that day, you would not have got period. So, there is no need to take an i-pill. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --...  Read Full »

My partner touched his penis and then fingered me. Can I be pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I had oral sex, and my partner ejaculated his sperms inside my mouth, and I sipped the sperm that came out. After that he touched his penis, then he grabbed my pants near my vagina twice. After that, he used the same fingers inside my vagina. It was my first time with the oral sex and fin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In your case, there is a chance that semen might have entered into the vagina. As you have not done any sexual intercourse, there is less chance of getting pregnant. You have to rule out pregnancy by urine hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test. You can do this test at...  Read Full »

Can rubbing penis on vagina on fifth day of period make me pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiance fingered and rubbed his dick on my vagina. There was no intercourse, no clue if there was semen or not on dick and fingers. I was on the fifth day of my periods. Bleeding stopped on the second day. I have a regular period cycle. Four days later I experienced white sticky muc...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Overall chances of pregnancy are less because it is considered safe period for 2 to 3 days after the period to have sex, but if ovulation occurred four days later, then there are some but again fewer chances of pregnancy. Usually, ovulation occurs on the 14th day of ...  Read Full »

Should I take an emergency pill if I only had foreplay?

Query: Hello doctor, I had foreplay with my partner yesterday. We both were having some fun. He actually inserted a finger into my vagina though not deep. He was not sure if he had touched his precum or not. Also, his penis touched my vagina two to three times though he never inserted. Should I take an I-p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. It is highly unlikely that the insertion of the¬†finger can result in pregnancy even if it was contaminated with precum because precum does not contain sperm. So, I do not think you need to take an emergency contraceptive pill. For more inform...  Read Full »

What is the possibility of STD or HIV transmission with fingering?

Query: Hello doctor, I fingered a sex worker and now I am concerned if I had any exposure to HIV or other STDS as I may have had a small wound on my finger. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The chances of transmission of HIV by the given description are almost nil unless there are open wounds.  Read Full »