Fingering

Fingering is a sexual act of inserting one or more fingers in the vulva, vagina or anus for the purpose of sexual stimulation or masturbation.

My girlfriend had her periods after the sexual act. Can she still be pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,My girlfriend and I had sex. We only indulged in foreplay we did not have any intercourse. I tried to penetrate her but it was getting painful for her. We only did fingering and rubbing of the genitals and I did not put sperms inside her. I have no idea whether there has been precum ins...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had this sexual act just nine days before her periods. So, pregnancy is ruled out. She still can do the urine pregnancy test to comfort her curiosity. Thank you.  Read Full »

I fingered a masseuse. Am I at risk of sexually transmitted infections?

Query: Hi doctor, I had been to a spa for a body massage a week back. I was fingering the female massage therapist during the massage, and she also cummed on my fingers. I am unsure if I touched my penis with the cum, and there were no cuts on my fingers. However, I am worried about getting infected by HIV...  Read Full »

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The chances of transmitting the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) by massage or fingering are zero unless there are bleeding wounds on the hand. If there are no bleeding wounds, the odds are nil. Skin-to-skin contact or kissing can transmit ...  Read Full »

I had dinner without washing my hands after fingering a woman. Am I at a risk of HIV infection?

Query: Hello doctor, Last night, I kissed a woman, sucked her breast, and fingered her. Then I realized that I did not have a condom and did not proceed further. However, after a while, I had my dinner without washing my hands. Am I at a risk of HIV infection? Kindly help.   Read Full »

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the query. The chances of transmission of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) are nil unless there are bleeding wounds in the oral cavity. However, there are chances of transmission of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) like herpes simplex, which ca...  Read Full »

I was fingered, and I developed a urinary tract infection the following day. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I currently have a urinary tract infection. After a night of fun where I felt I was fingered so hard the following day, it was burning while urinating. While peeing, I noticed my urethra opening was swollen and also bleeding. This is now day four, and I wanted to know if I should consult w...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The infection seems to be due to some friction injuries during fingering. Take plenty of water. Clean vaginal area properly. I suggest you (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take medicines with their consent) apply Betadine (Povidone) cream...  Read Full »

I missed my periods after oral sex and fingering. Can I be pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old female. I was having my periods regularly, but this time my periods got delayed by six days, and the bleeding was not normal. It is like only 10 to 20 drops of blood. This is the first time I am experiencing this type of bleeding. Can you please help me to find out w...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. As per your description, these symptoms could be due to hormonal imbalance or could be due to pregnancy. In your pelvic ultrasound, the endometrial thickness may be more due to early pregnancy. Get your blood beta-hCG (hu...  Read Full »

Will licking my finger after fingering a masseuse increase my chances of HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, Around three days ago, I fingered a masseuse and licked my finger. She gave me a blowjob, and I ejaculated in her. Will licking my finger after the act increase my risk of HIV if she has the disease? Her status with a sexually transmitted disease (STD) is unknown. What tests should I u...  Read Full »

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the query. The chances of transmission of HIV by the first described act is almost nil unless you have bleeding wounds in the oral cavity. The chances of acquiring HIV by a blowjob are also almost nil unless she has bleeding wounds in her oral cavity....  Read Full »

Can fingering make me pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female, and I have always had regular periods. However, this time I am late by six days, and I am in doubt that it happened because my boyfriend fingered me, and by mistake, I fingered myself with his fluid. Am I pregnant? Please help me with my condition.Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.comI have read your concern in detail. Delayed or missed periods do not necessarily mean pregnancy. Also, fingering (even though it has body fluids) never causes pregnancy. The chances of pregnancy by this method are very low. So, rather than trying to bring regular periods,...  Read Full »

Should I get tested for STD after fingering a masseuse?

Query: Hi doctor, I had been to a spa for a body massage. I had given the female massage therapist fingering, and she also cummed on my fingers. Not sure if I had touched my penis with her cum, and also, there were no cuts on my fingers. There was no penetrative sex vaginal, anal, or oral. I am worried now...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. If we consider the transmission of HIV, then the risk is almost nil in the sexual activity you had. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) dies in coming contact with air. Even if we assume that the finger touched the penis, there is no risk. You ar...  Read Full »

Can I get HIV from an affected individual if he inserts his finger into my vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I am in my early twenties. A close acquaintance of mine assaulted me when I was about ten years old. He put his fingers in my vagina. I am scared that I might have a human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Can this cause the infection if he is positive for the human immunodeficiency vir...  Read Full »

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. If it is only finger insertion, then there is no chance of transmitting the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Intact skin is an effective barrier. So do not worry about human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) Transmission. Take care.   Read Full »

I am suffering from headache, high fever, and throat pain after body massage. Can it be HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, Around three weeks back, I went for a body massage in the afternoon. The therapist asked me in the middle whether I needed a body-to-body massage, and I said yes. She removed her dress on top and rubbed her body on me, but she did not pull her pants. She gave me a handjob (no penetrati...  Read Full »

Dr. Sushil Kakkar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Body massage, rubbing or handjob, touching or rubbing anal opening, and even fingering are safe sexual practices. They do not pose any risk of transmission of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) as the virus cannot pass through intact skin. Clothing like towels is not a ...  Read Full »