Fingering

Fingering is a sexual act of inserting one or more fingers in the vulva, vagina or anus for the purpose of sexual stimulation or masturbation.

Will I break my hymen and loss virginity if I finger myself?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old female, and I masturbate very often. I just rub my vagina, but I do not finger myself. I get really tempted to finger it. Whenever I try to do so, I get nervous and just finish it off by rubbing my vagina. Is it safe to finger my vagina? If yes, how do I do it? What ar...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vagina will definitely be wet when you are aroused, so there is nothing to worry about it. Usually, fingering may lead to infection and irritation. Yes, there are chances of hymen rupture. The rupture of the hymen depends upon how strongly and deeply you insert y...  Read Full »

Can fingering cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female and for the first time, my partner did fingering in my vagina. And it was on the next day when my periods ended. He is pretty sure that his fingers did not have any semen. Also, he rubbed his penis over my body with both our lower body parts covered with clot...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It was next day at the end of your period. So, the chance of pregnancy is nil on this day. Even if you had sex that day, you would not have got period. So, there is no need to take an i-pill. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --...  Read Full »

My partner touched his penis and then fingered me. Can I be pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I had oral sex, and my partner ejaculated his sperms inside my mouth, and I sipped the sperm that came out. After that he touched his penis, then he grabbed my pants near my vagina twice. After that, he used the same fingers inside my vagina. It was my first time with the oral sex and fin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In your case, there is a chance that semen might have entered into the vagina. As you have not done any sexual intercourse, there is less chance of getting pregnant. You have to rule out pregnancy by urine hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test. You can do this test at...  Read Full »

Can rubbing penis on vagina on fifth day of period make me pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiance fingered and rubbed his dick on my vagina. There was no intercourse, no clue if there was semen or not on dick and fingers. I was on the fifth day of my periods. Bleeding stopped on the second day. I have a regular period cycle. Four days later I experienced white sticky muc...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Overall chances of pregnancy are less because it is considered safe period for 2 to 3 days after the period to have sex, but if ovulation occurred four days later, then there are some but again fewer chances of pregnancy. Usually, ovulation occurs on the 14th day of ...  Read Full »

Should I take an emergency pill if I only had foreplay?

Query: Hello doctor, I had foreplay with my partner yesterday. We both were having some fun. He actually inserted a finger into my vagina though not deep. He was not sure if he had touched his precum or not. Also, his penis touched my vagina two to three times though he never inserted. Should I take an I-p...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. It is highly unlikely that the insertion of the finger can result in pregnancy even if it was contaminated with precum because precum does not contain sperm. So, I do not think you need to take an emergency contraceptive pill. For more inform...  Read Full »

What is the possibility of STD or HIV transmission with fingering?

Query: Hello doctor, I fingered a sex worker and now I am concerned if I had any exposure to HIV or other STDS as I may have had a small wound on my finger. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The chances of transmission of HIV by the given description are almost nil unless there are open wounds.  Read Full »

Why do I get pain and bleeding after being fingered?

Query: Hello doctor, A few months now, I have been experiencing discomfort and bleeding after being fingered. It does not really happen during sexual intercourse though. I have an urge to urinate even after urinating. And it stings and the urine will sometimes come out at different random times. I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you noticed the bleeding while you urinate also? Or else only after fingering? In view of your past episodes of UTI (urinary tract infection) it seems the same has recurred again as suggested by the pain after urinating. On top of that since women's urethral o...  Read Full »

Kindly give a solution for pain during intercourse.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is having pain during sexual intercourse from initial days. First time she had some bleeding. The bleeding stopped within a few days. Initially it was very difficult. Then we started to have it full fledge. After a month, there is no pain, but still insertion hurts her every time....  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is quite common to experience pain during coitus, especially for a newlywed woman who had never done sex before. This happens because of the narrow introitus (vaginal entrance) which need to accommodate the male penis. For a virgin woman, pain with bleeding is comm...  Read Full »

I am bleeding after using vibrator. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old female. I am a virgin, but I masturbate quite a bit. Before, it was around at least once per day but it has been dying down to mainly the weekends. I use a vibrator and it is not actually a vibrator but a small hand-held massager for the back. I use it on my clitoris a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation does not generally hold a great risk but it does cause some complications. Frequent masturbation causes addiction. The mild bleeding you experience with the use of the vibrator could be due to local injury to the vaginal mucosa following a stimulating con...  Read Full »

Can fingering after touching the penis tip cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I and my fiancee were doing foreplay and I touched my penis and then fingered her (my hands are slightly wet) but I touched only penis skin, not tip and did not ejaculate at that time. Then I ejaculated on her butt and then I wiped off the sperm with a towel. Is there a chance of pregna...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, your apprehension and concern are completely understandable. But the fact that you both were involved in sex after two days post her menses had stopped simply puts her in her safe period when chances of pregnancy are minimal as ovulation had not taken place. S...  Read Full »