Q. My penile tip is soft during erection. Why?

Dr. Rohit Jain

Whenever my penis gets erect, the tip part of my penis does not get hard, and it remains soft. I am having this problem for the past three to four weeks.

#

The penis is made of three muscles that get filled with blood at the time of erection. The glans penis, or the tip, is the most sensitive portion that receives the maximum blood supply.

It seems there has been an injury to the muscle or the nerve supplying the glans penis. Due to this, the sensation of filling it with blood is not going to the brain, or the muscle is torn and is not able to take up blood.

This can be diagnosed with examination and some tests. Get a penile Doppler study done to check how good is the arterial blood supply to the front portion. Also, get a nerve conduction test done.

Treatment:

It depends on what we find in the reports. If the nerve is weak, we can cure it with nerve stimulators. If there is a tear in the muscle, we need to repair it with surgery. If there is a loss of blood supply, there are drugs to increase that also. But without having a proper diagnosis, it would be advisable to prescribe something as it can have side effects too.

Please go to a nearby hospital and get a proper examination done.

|