Q. I have burning sensation in my waist. Why?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Published on Oct 31, 2019

I have a burning sensation in my waist. I want to know the cause and the treatment for it.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Burning sensation in and around the waist or torso can indicate a lot of things. It can indicate an allergic reaction, but that seems less likely in your case. Mostly it can point to nerve weakness, which occurs due to vitamin deficiency. I will advise you to get your B12 levels checked as soon as possible. Rarely, the burning sensation can be attributed to kidney stones, however, we will cross that bridge when it is required.

For the time being, I will advise you to start taking some multivitamin supplements such as tablet Cobadex or Neurobion Forte one tablet daily before sleeping. Once you get your B12 levels evaluated, you can post the details and I will assist you further.

I am having burning sensation in my scrotum after oral sex. Could it be HIV?

Query: Hello doctor,I had receptive oral sex (received fellation) with an escort girl three weeks ago. Since then, I have got urethritis three days after. I have been treated with Levofloxacin for 10 days. The urethritis got cured, but I kept getting some strange burning sensations in my scrotum and the to...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sushma Shah
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Oral sex is least related to HIV. Symptoms are very bizarre and mostly by oral sex HSV, and STI is common. The tickling sensation is different as such, may be seen in vitamin B 12 deficiency, and anxiety. Symptoms come but goes in a particular time. You can still go...  Read Full

My daughter has swollen lymph nodes and positive ANA. Please provide opinion.

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter, 15 years, has swollen lymph nodes. Biopsy done. It is non-malignant. No TB. But ANA has come positive. I would like to share the reports and take your opinion.  Read Full >>

Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a possibility of autoimmune disorder with underlying ANA and large lymph nodes. It is a good thing the malignancy is ruled out. But I would like to see the detailed biopsy report as well to be sure where we are heading. As for ANA positive, I would like to ...  Read Full