Q. I have burning sensation in my waist. Why?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

I have a burning sensation in my waist. I want to know the cause and the treatment for it.

#

Burning sensation in and around the waist or torso can indicate a lot of things. It can indicate an allergic reaction, but that seems less likely in your case. Mostly it can point to nerve weakness, which occurs due to vitamin deficiency. I will advise you to get your B12 levels checked as soon as possible. Rarely, the burning sensation can be attributed to kidney stones, however, we will cross that bridge when it is required.

For the time being, I will advise you to start taking some multivitamin supplements such as tablet Cobadex or Neurobion Forte one tablet daily before sleeping. Once you get your B12 levels evaluated, you can post the details and I will assist you further.

|