Nerve Weakness

What is the reason for burning senation in the waist?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a burning sensation in my waist. I want to know the cause and the treatment for it.  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Burning sensation in and around the waist or torso can indicate a lot of things. It can indicate an allergic reaction, but that seems less likely in your case. Mostly it can point to nerve weakness, which occurs due to vitamin deficiency. I will advise you to get you...  Read Full »

What can be done for motor and sensory nerve weakness in an AIDP patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My hands and legs are very weak for the past two years. The doctor diagnosed that I have AIDP or Guillian-barre syndrome. He gave me some medicines such as Methylcobalamin and other supplements and in the acute 12 IV injections of Cobalamin and I am recovering but I think very slowly....  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. AIDP or GBS is an autoimmune disease. Which can be primary or also can be secondary other autoimmune diseases. As you are telling that you are recovering, it is a good thing. There is no medicine for rapid recovery after six months. Only medication available is for s...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for giddiness and high BP?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. My weight is 70 kg and height is 5'6". I have some giddiness problem for the past two years. Doctors termed it as excessive stress, anxiety and tension. Before four months I had giddiness and high BP. Then at times I feel like taking long breaths and weakness in legs. M...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted. Some things are important in what you said. First diagnosis of hypertension HTN at 22 years of age has to be seriously looked into unless there is strong family history for the same. For the diagnosis of HTN three offi...  Read Full »

My mom is unable to walk on her own. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 83 years old. She is suffering from hypertension. She is taking Tazloc 40 mg bd since six to seven years. Of late, she cannot walk on her own. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, difficulty to walk could be due to many conditions. I have listed them below. Weakness of bones or fracture in her hip bones. Considering her age she can have weakness of bones due to calcium or vitamin D deficiency or due to disease like osteoporosis. This weak bon...  Read Full »