Q. Is it normal to get period in mid follicle stimulation cycle?

I was going through follicle stimulation. My doctor started with Siphene 100 mg for five days, moved to FSH injections 75 for five days and when there was not enough growth in follicles she asked me to inject Humog 75 for two days. However, I got my periods the day I took the first Humog injection. Is it normal to get the period mid follicle stimulation cycle?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Getting periods in between only means that the follicles were not healthy enough. This is usually triggered by poor ovulation induction. Endometrial growth depends on the estradiol release from the follicles. So if follicles are not good, estrogen levels are not correct, so, the endometrial lining will not be healthy enough. In short, I would suggest, if I may, just forget this cycle. During the next cycle, it is better not to have injections as the ovarian response will be poor if stimulation is given every month.

Month next to that, have CCQ (Clomiphene citrate) 100 mg from the third day of periods and at the same time start on HMG (Menotropin) or Humog (human menopausal gonadotropin) 75 or 112.5 IU. Further dose depending on follicles response.

|