Q. No periods since two months. What should I do?

Dr. Gowrimeena
Published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 11, 2018

Dear doctor,

I had intercourse with my husband last month, after my regular periods. My last period date was 9th August and it is two months now. Till now, I did not get my periods. Suggest me what should I do.

Dr. Gowrimeena

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The first step is to check for pregnancy. If the pregnancy test is negative then, we can give you tablets to induce periods.

Also, we need to check your thyroid and prolactin hormone levels andscan abdomen to find out the reason for delayed periods.

In case the pregnancy test is positive, please meet a gynecologist and follow them.

Please do not hesitate to ask further queries to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Pregnancy tests are negative, but am still having pregnancy symptoms. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who started taking birth control pills eight months back, but I only took it for a week and stopped taking them. In that same week, I had unprotected sex with my fiance, and I had my periods the next day. The next month I got my periods two weeks earlier, and I ...  Read Full »

Pregnancy test shows negative, shall I take medicine to induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor,I got my last period before three months. I have not gotten my periods ever since. I had protected intercourse twice before two months. However, I have no symptom and all the pregnancy tests are negative. Also, I have missed my period the same way, even before once and my cycle is gener...  Read Full »

My thyroids are enlarged and asymmetrical. Should I visit an endocrinologist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old woman, who in the last six months began to experience thyroid symptoms. I am in the process of looking for a new physician, but I live in a very remote area with a significant shortage of medical professionals, so I am in a lot of ways on my own here. My mother had h...  Read Full »