Q. I fractured some part of my foot last week, and I am in a lot of pain. What to do?

Dr. Atul Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 22, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 06, 2021

I am 22 years old and I am in a height of five inches. I got fractured in some part of my foot. I went to urgent care immediately and got an X-ray last week. The doctor told me that he can see a fracture on one toe and the other one is unsure. The fracture is present on the top of the foot near my third toe and my big toe. I got a boot and went home to make an appointment to see an orthopedic doctor. Due to the pandemic, it was hard to have an immediate appointment and so I got an appointment this week. I have high pain tolerance but I have severe pain. I often get tingles on my big toe and the big toenail is turning blue. I have pain throughout my foot including the bottom near the palm and at the top. I am unsure of what to do.

#

If you had posted the X-rays, it could helped me to make a clear diagnosis. I can say you that for now, you need to elevate your foot and take antiinflammatory tablets. Change in the color of the foot is a normal phenomenon due to the formation of a blood clot. Tingling is also a common symptom as the leg is hanging down. I assume that it is a removable boot and you can ice the sore area and keep it elevated.

|