Bone Fracture

How to relieve foot pain due to fracture?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old and I am in a height of five inches. I got fractured in some part of my foot. I went to urgent care immediately and got an X-ray last week. The doctor told me that he can see a fracture on one toe and the other one is unsure. The fracture is present on the top of the fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had posted the X-rays, it could helped me to make a clear diagnosis. I can say you that for now, you need to elevate your foot and take antiinflammatory tablets. Change in the color of the foot is a normal phenomenon due to the formation of a blood clot. Tingling...  Read Full »

Is it common to have pain and stiffness in fractured finger even after healing?

Query: Hello doctor,I have two issues. I broke my finger three months ago, and it healed. However, I cannot bend it as it is swollen and hurts when I try to bend it. I feel like something is restricting, like fluid around my joints possibly. Also, I may have some nerve damage because when I touch smooth th...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stiffness after finger fracture is very common and can persist if it is not addressed. Could you please share the images so that I can suggest a physio plan for you? It could be fibromyalgia, as it can cause pain in multiple places and again needs proper assessment. ...  Read Full »

Can ganglion cyst occur on a fracture site?

Query: I keep getting ganglion cysts, I'm 21 and I've had just about 6. The last one was the worst.. it appeared where I had previously broken a bone, right between where the fracture was on my fifth metatarsal, and it grew to be a little under an inch in width. Some how it ruptured a week ago, and it has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, I cannot comment on the exact cause of the lumps or bump that you are experiencing as you have not provided me with the ultrasound report. It is more likely to be a ganglion as it spontaneously burst but the multiple incidence and location is unusual especially in the foot. If the last gan...  Read Full »

Can head injury result in the inability to open the mouth properly?

Query: Hello, My age is 20 and i have recently fall from stairs likely 4 day's ago which caused injury on my Right side of my Brain just above right ear and now the problem I'm facing is that i cannot open my jaw properly and also i cannot sleep keeping my head right wise as i try to open my mouth fully ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq As you mentioned you have history of falling from stairs so may be due to that you have injuries of jaw and skull bone. You should do x ray of your jaw bone and temporal as well. To check if there if fracture. If no fracture then this can be due to muscle injury. In such inj...  Read Full »

How to manage a piece of bone that has protruded through the gums?

Query: I've had a tooth extraction at hospital due to having had Zolandronic infusions. Many weeks ago. A piece of bone has protruded through my gum and is very painful causing ulcers on my tongue. I have had 2 course of Amoxicilin. The dentist tried to pull the bone out before realizing that it was joine...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammad Emranul Islam

Dentist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq. I'm sorry for the problems you have. Do you have paget's disease or osteoporosis? It is not a good sign if bone gets exposed or protruded. You didn't mention the site but I assume it is a lower tooth. Did the protruded bone came through the socket or elsewhere. Was the to...  Read Full »

Is it recommended to start workout after one year of metal implant for midshaft bone fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a sports-related injury which resulted in a midshaft humerus bone fracture, the bone was basically broken in three different places. I got surgery due to the severity and had a metal implant placed in my arm holding the bones together. It has already been a whole year since the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manav Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your fracture seems to have united on the x-rays (true AP and lateral views are not there) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The best modality for fracture union is CT (computerized tomography) scan. You can start with the exercises and gradually ...  Read Full »

I wanted a second opinion to check if my fractured sacrum has fully healed.

Query: I recently fractured my sacrum but after two months of rest and healing the doctor with the use of an mri scan said that the stress fracture has healed. However, I still have some numbness and light pain in the area after some exercise. The pain begins and ends very quickly and is very mild. It bega...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hello, After careful evaluation of the provided image, it can be concluded that there is no presence of fracture also ongoing callus formation suggests the healing process (to regain the tensile strength, it will take time about over a month). It is suggested to avoid sports, heavy lifting, gym, an...  Read Full »

Is there any over-the-counter medication for talus fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. Last month, I had a motorcycle accident. I did an x-ray and it is written in the result as: There are bone discontinuity seen in the medial tubercle of the talus of the calcaneus. Such can represent an incomplete linear fracture. No osseous reaction or radiopaque f...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking into your x-ray pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and reading your problem, I got to know about linear undisplaced fracture of the talus. We need to understand the function of the talus bone and its role in the movement of ankle and ...  Read Full »

What can cause a bony bump on the left side of the nose?

Query: bump on the left side of the nose. feels like cartilage or bone. always been there since I can remember. the right side of my nose doesn't have a bump whatsoever. I've always experienced breathing problems. Don't know if I should be concerned or that it's just something that will always be there  Read Full »

Dr. Bruce Hudkins

Answer: Hello and welcome! This is likely resultant from an old fracture, possibly acquired at a very young age from the normal bumps and bruises of being a child and learning to walk, etc.... As we get older, this can lead to chronic nasal obstruction as not only does the outside of the nose show sign...  Read Full »

How can fracture in finger can be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a fracture of the bone joint on my right hand ring finger which was caused by a road traffic accident were I was hit by a van pulling out of a side road. I was due surgery to repair the injury last month. The surgeon decided not to operate as under the live X-ray he was able to...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well there is intra-articular fracture of base of middle phalynx of your ring finger (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If I would be the surgeon then I would have gone for operative treatment because intra-articular fractures need perfect reduction. If h...  Read Full »