Bone Fracture

Will X-ray not show fracture in the bone behind the front teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, Four years ago front right central incisor pushed back 1 mm. I had a root canal done three months later. I had an X-ray from the dentist and also an endodontist. They said they could not see bone behind the tooth fractured at all. However, when I eat certain foods, I feel clicks and hear...  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and shall try my best to get some solution. The clicking and popping you are mentioning might not necessarily be due to the bone behind the top teeth. It might be just due to some movement in your teeth only or maybe if there is some mal...  Read Full »

Can ganglion cyst occur on a fracture site?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 21 years old. I keep on getting ganglion cysts. Previously, I had 6 cysts and the last one was worse. It appeared where I had a broken bone previously, and a fracture on my fifth metatarsal. It grew a little and got ruptured a week back. It is causing pain affecting mobility and getti...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am unable to comment on the exact cause of the lump or bump that you are experiencing. You have not attached your ultrasound report. It seems to be a ganglion as it bursts spontaneously. But multiple incidence and location are unusual to occur especially on the fo...  Read Full »

How to manage a piece of bone that has protruded through the gums?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a tooth extraction after having Zoledronic infusions. A few weeks back, a small piece of bone protruded through my gums. It caused ulcers on my tongue. I took two courses of Amoxicillin. My dentist tried to pull the bone before realizing that it was fused with my bone. I was told...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammad Emranul Islam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention whether you have Paget's disease or osteoporosis. It is not a good sign to have bone exposure or protrusion. You did not mention the exact site. I assume that it is present on the lower tooth. Please mention whether the protruded bone came out through the...  Read Full »

I wanted a second opinion to check if my fractured sacrum has fully healed.

Query: Hi doctor,Recently, I got a fracture in my sacrum. After taking rest for two months, the doctor advised me to do an MRI scan. The result showed that the stress fracture has got healed. But still, I have some numbness and pain in the area after doing exercise. My pain begins and ends very quickly. It...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Shah Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do not have any fracture now. There is callus formation which suggests the healing process. To regain tensile strength, it takes some time for a month. I suggest you avoid sport...  Read Full »

What can cause a bony bump on the left side of the nose?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a bump on the left side of my nose. It feels like cartilage or bone. It has always been there since I can remember. The right side of my nose does not have a bump whatsoever. I have always experienced breathing problems. I do not know if I should be concerned or that it is just ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bruce Hudkins

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is likely resultant from an old fracture, possibly acquired at a very young age from the normal bumps and bruises of being a child and learning to walk, etc. As we get older, this can lead to chronic nasal obstruction as not only does the outside of the nose sho...  Read Full »

Can head injury result in the inability to open the mouth properly?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 20 years old. Before four days, I fell down from the stairs. It caused injury on the right side of the brain just above the right ear. Now, I am unable to open my jaws properly and I cannot sleep while keeping my head on the right side. When I am trying to open my mouth fully, I am no...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a history of falling down from the stairs. So it may have caused injuries on the jaws and skull bones. You need to do an X-ray of the jaw and temporal to check for a fracture. If you do not have a fracture, then it can be a muscle injury. In these cases, you ca...  Read Full »

How to relieve foot pain due to fracture?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old and I am in a height of five inches. I got fractured in some part of my foot. I went to urgent care immediately and got an X-ray last week. The doctor told me that he can see a fracture on one toe and the other one is unsure. The fracture is present on the top of the fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had posted the X-rays, it could helped me to make a clear diagnosis. I can say you that for now, you need to elevate your foot and take antiinflammatory tablets. Change in the color of the foot is a normal phenomenon due to the formation of a blood clot. Tingling...  Read Full »

Is it common to have pain and stiffness in fractured finger even after healing?

Query: Hello doctor,I have two issues. I broke my finger three months ago, and it healed. However, I cannot bend it as it is swollen and hurts when I try to bend it. I feel like something is restricting, like fluid around my joints possibly. Also, I may have some nerve damage because when I touch smooth th...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stiffness after finger fracture is very common and can persist if it is not addressed. Could you please share the images so that I can suggest a physio plan for you? It could be fibromyalgia, as it can cause pain in multiple places and again needs proper assessment. ...  Read Full »

Is it recommended to start workout after one year of metal implant for midshaft bone fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a sports-related injury which resulted in a midshaft humerus bone fracture, the bone was basically broken in three different places. I got surgery due to the severity and had a metal implant placed in my arm holding the bones together. It has already been a whole year since the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manav Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your fracture seems to have united on the x-rays (true AP and lateral views are not there) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The best modality for fracture union is CT (computerized tomography) scan. You can start with the exercises and gradually ...  Read Full »

Is there any over-the-counter medication for talus fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. Last month, I had a motorcycle accident. I did an x-ray and it is written in the result as: There are bone discontinuity seen in the medial tubercle of the talus of the calcaneus. Such can represent an incomplete linear fracture. No osseous reaction or radiopaque f...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking into your x-ray pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and reading your problem, I got to know about linear undisplaced fracture of the talus. We need to understand the function of the talus bone and its role in the movement of ankle and ...  Read Full »