Foot Pain

How to fix sharp pain in my left foot?

Query: Hello doctor,I have recently taken up running. At the very end of my run four days ago, when I had stopped running and walking home, I started experiencing very sharp pain on the outside edge of my left foot. The pain was not in my ankle or the top of my foot, just the very outside on the edge of my...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think firstly you should give some rest to the joint. Wait for three days for the inflammation to subside. You may have developed a sprain. In these three days, use a crepe bandage and do hot water fomentation. After three days, see if the pain has come down. I...  Read Full »

How to relieve foot pain due to fracture?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old and I am in a height of five inches. I got fractured in some part of my foot. I went to urgent care immediately and got an X-ray last week. The doctor told me that he can see a fracture on one toe and the other one is unsure. The fracture is present on the top of the fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had posted the X-rays, it could helped me to make a clear diagnosis. I can say you that for now, you need to elevate your foot and take antiinflammatory tablets. Change in the color of the foot is a normal phenomenon due to the formation of a blood clot. Tingling...  Read Full »

Why does my mother have pain and swelling in her foot?

Query: Hello doctor,My Mother is 55 years old. She has a condition of swollen foot with immense pain, and she is a diabetic patient. The pain in foot appeared suddenly. Now she cannot stand long or walk properly. In the morning, the swelling is less, but by the end of the day. I am taking medication for di...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There can be few possible cases for such swelling one is it is related to the kidney. When kidney function is impaired, then due to that, swelling occurs. As you mentioned, she has diabetes, which could be due to the kidney's not properly functioning. Another reason is ...  Read Full »

I have foot ache with on and off tingling sensation. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old female. For the past couple of weeks, I have foot ache and feel a cold tingling sensation on and off. My blood reports and ECG are normal. I have no health issues. But I have a cheek tingling occasionally.  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have mild neural pain. It could be due to the gentle compression of nerves. Please take Vitamin supplements and if persisting, Pregabalin after an evaluation by neurophysician. Please feel free to question me in this regard.  Read Full »

Can a chiropractor help with pain in the right arm, hip, and right foot?

Query: I have dull pain in my right arm when I make certain movements eg When swimming the Breast Stroke movement causes a deep dull pain when I stretch my right arm above my head again a dull pain and feel the pull on my inner arm head movement to the right is painful, at the back of my neck and just behi...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Kariya

Physiotherapist

Answer: hello mam welcome to icliniq your complain can completely manage by physiotehrapy only. pain in overhead activities suggest that muscles situated above the shoulder and side of neck region are weak. dull pain in perticular overhead activities can be managed by changing habits of performing work,...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for me getting back pain, tired, sleepy feel and foot inflammation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have back pain, tiredness, more sleepy feeling, and inflammation on the foot.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from back pain, tiredness, more sleepy feeling, and inflammation on foot. I have gone through your investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity) result and found that you...  Read Full »

Please suggest some exercise for back pain that radiates to the right leg, hip, knee, and foot.

Query: Hello Doctor, I have a back pain that earlier moves to my right leg through hip, knee and upto downside of foot. For last one year it has been started in left leg also. Though left side pain doesn't move to foot but at hip it pinches like a needle while driving specialy. Now during lock down due to...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi. i got your point and understand how you feel when it pains. as per MRI reports you mentioned, its a LBA (low back ache) which radiated to leg and now shifting to left lower body as well. and about your cerical problem may be there's a nerve compression and that neck pain radiating to shoulder i...  Read Full »

How to relieve foot pain due to flat foot?

Query: Hello doctor, I have foot pain and I suffer from flat foot. Pain is mainly located at the lateral and medial side of the heel. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Padmesh Jain

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Flat foot is a very common condition and causes pain due to stretching of tendons, ligaments, and soft tissues of the feet. I guess an x-ray must have already been done for you. Just make sure that apart from the flat foot you do not have any other associated conditi...  Read Full »

What to do for muscle pain on the inner side the left foot which is restricting movements?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a football player and I play wide receiver. Since last week I have been having muscle pain in the inside of my left foot. I cannot fully move my foot up and down. I tried ice and resting but it comes back when I start running. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, you may have Tibialis posterior tendonitis or plantar fascia strain. Assuming you have not gone over on your foot and sustained no direct trauma. What sort of level do you play football and do you have a team physio or access to a doctor? Ideal...  Read Full »

What can be done to manage foot pain?

Query: Hello doctor, What does it mean when you have hurt your foot? It is not swollen but it hurts.  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, when the foot is twisted, it is likely to have a soft tissue injury like sprain of the ligaments. If you have flat foot then minor twisting can also lead to hairline fracture and sprain. Although both the conditions will cause swelling, in your case no swel...  Read Full »