Q. Can a rough foreplay be a cause for a bump inside my vagina?

Dr. Nadia Khan
Published on Jun 21, 2019

I am a 24-year-old female. I was engaged in some foreplay with someone last weekend. And they fingered me hard. Last night, I noticed a tiny bump on the inside of my vagina. It is a pea-sized right against the wall. It is completely painless, and I would not have even noticed it was there had I not put one of my fingers inside myself.

Is it possible that this is just a cyst from the rough foreplay? It feels a bit smaller than it did last night, but I cannot tell. It almost feels like a pimple, But it is on the inside of my vagina, and I can only feel it by pressing my finger against it. What could this be?

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, probably it is due to injury caused by fingering. And if it is not painful and not causing any discomfort, then you only have to wait until it resolves spontaneously. And the other option is that after a few days say three to four days you can get yourself examined by your local doctor to make sure that there is nothing more than that and this swelling has been resolved entirely. I hope it has helped you should you require any further queries. Please do not hesitate to contact me.

| 

This eases my mind as I know it was not there before this incident. And I have no idea that it was there if I had not felt it. I appreciate the quick answer.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You are welcomed and do not hesitate to contact me in case of further assistance required.

| 

I am bleeding following the use of adult toy . Is that dur to injury or normal periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old, I take Iron supplements for low iron and low ferritin levels and was on contraception pill for six years since four months back. I used a sex toy (dildo) this morning which is slightly bigger than my partner. After, which I noticed a bit of blood on the toy and a sm...  Read Full »

Is it possible that I got pregnant with only foreplay and no intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, My periods are a 28-day cycle. I was sexually intimate with a man, 15 days after my menstruation. There was no intercourse, but only foreplay, causing a lot of fluid discharge. I have not got my periods yet. Also, by mistake, I took the Regestrone 5 tablet before dinner instead o...  Read Full »

Intermenstrual Bleeding or Spotting - Is it Normal or Should I be Worried?

Article Overview: Intermenstrual vaginal bleeding or spotting or bleeding between periods is considered abnormal and may usually require a patient seeing a doctor. It is also termed metrorrhagia. Normally, a woman has a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days with ranges between 21-35 days considered normal and menses can last for 2-7 days. Any bleeding out of these are considered abnormal.  Read Article

Dr. Nsah Bernard

Causes of Intermenstrual bleeding: Intermenstrual bleeding or bleeding between periods can be caused by a vast number of factors which may be physical or organic and psychosocial. If you are experiencing intermenstrual bleeding, then your doctor maybe a able to rule out one of the below most probab...  Read Article