Q. Should I take an emergency pill if I only had foreplay?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I had foreplay with my partner yesterday. We both were having some fun. He actually inserted a finger into my vagina though not deep. He was not sure if he had touched his precum or not. Also, his penis touched my vagina two to three times though he never inserted. Should I take an I-pill to avoid the low chances of pregnancy due to this act?

#

• I went through your post. It is highly unlikely that the insertion of the finger can result in pregnancy even if it was contaminated with precum because precum does not contain sperm. So, I do not think you need to take an emergency contraceptive pill.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

But, I am scared as I heard that pre-ejaculation which is not under the control of the man, when it comes in contact with the vagina, may result in pregnancy. So, I decided to take an I-pill as his penis touched my vagina more than twice.

#

• The chances of getting pregnant with precum, if released inside the vagina, are about one in 10,000. But, as you said that the pre cum did not directly come in contact with the vagina and it was only the finger that came in contact, the chance is even less.
  • If you think that the penis was contaminated with precum, then you can take an I-pill. If not, there is no need.

Thank you so much. I would also like to know something. Since I am only 21 years, will I-pill have any effects on my cycles? My cycles are already irregular. Will the pill make it worse?

#

• I-pill can displace your cycle either forwards or backward by about a week. It will affect only your next cycle. It is not going to affect the other cycles. The hormonal imbalance will also be only during this cycle. So, you need not worry about that, and it is safe to take I-pill.

It has been a week since I took the I-pill. I have not experienced the withdrawal bleeding yet. I experienced a mild headache today. And my cycle date was on the 30th. I have not got it still. Is there anything to worry about it?

#

• I-pill can delay periods by a week. So, I do not think you need to worry about the delay of periods.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Will I-pill tablet work if taken two hours after the act?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old and she had her period on the 14th of last month. On the 1st of this month, while having intercourse, unfortunately, the condom broke. She had taken I-pill within two hours. Can you please advise if the tablet will work or not?  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»