Q. What are the ways to avoid sugar in Formula milk for a baby?

Answered by Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Formula Feeding or Breast Milk? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have 3.5 months old baby. I do not have sufficient breastmilk, hence, was giving fomula milk. Baby was not satisfied with the taste of formula milk and was never having it properly, so one day my mother added sugar to formula milk and since that day my baby is having formula milk as per his requirement. Now, if we do not put sugar to formula milk, he will not have it. I am giving him Abbott semilac iq+ stage 1. Please let me know what can I do.