Common "Fractures" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Fractures

Bone is connective tissue. Any break in the connectivity of the bone is known as a fracture. It may be due to bone pathologies like cancer, osteogenesis imperfecta, osteoporosis, etc. In such cases, it is referred to as pathological fractures. It can also be due to trauma and road accidents. Fractures cause pain, swelling, bruise, inability to move the affected region, discoloration over the skin of the fractured site, and bleeding in case of open fractures. Immobilization is the primary treatment principle. Based on the site and intensity, plaster casts, screws, rods, plates, and external fixators approximate the fractured ends in their original shape and immobilized.