Q. Does frenulum rupture have serious complications?

I am a 22-year-old male, and I have been facing a problem with the penis. During masturbation, dark red blood comes out along with semen, but it comes from the skin on the tip of the penis and not from the urethral hole. I consulted with a doctor, and they said it to be normal. It has been 4 to 5 times now, but still, there is blood discharge from the penis. Also, I want to know if it will affect my sexual life and what I shall do for this during masturbation? Can you please help me with this as I am more concerned?

#

I understand your concern about the problem. The available information and images attached (attachment removed to protect patient's identity) appear to be a ruptured frenulum (a fold of tissue that connects the skin over the penis to the penis shaft).

Generally, frenulum rupture does not cause long-lasting effects, and it usually heals by itself, provided adequate rest is given to the penis. It is important to avoid intercourse or masturbation for the next two weeks to aid in healing.

Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.

Take care.

This happened to me a month ago and after that I did not masturbate for two weeks, but still I am having the same problem. I am very much concerned if it has some serious problems.

#

Generally, this is not a serious one, so you do not have to worry much. However, consult with your local doctor to rule out other causes for repeated soft tissue tear if the problem persists. It is also advisable to use tablet Vitamin C 500 mg per day.

I hope this helps you further.

|