Q. Semen analysis shows low sperm motility. How serious is it?

Recently my husband had gone to semen analysis and doctor mentioned that he has low motility but not sure how serious is the issue. Here are the results of semen analysis volume 1 ml, the viscosity is normal, reaction alkaline liquefaction is 25, fructose is positive. Total sperm count is 90 mill/ml, rapid progressive motility 10 %, slow progressive motility 20 %, nonprogressive motility 10 %, non-motile sperms 60 %, live sperms 40 %, dead sperms 60 %, normal forms 80 %, abnormal forms 20 %. The doctor said that he has an infection and suggested Popson tablets and he is taking tablets from the past three months. Also, he has undergone circumcision three months ago as frenulum tear is happening frequently. Could you please suggest how serious is the issue?

#

Your husband is suffering from asthenoteratozoospermia where motility is very less and dead sperms are high, likely due to infection, yes. The life cycle of sperms is 120 days and hence at least three months of treatment is required with sperm energizers and antioxidants after two weeks course of antibiotics to increase the motility and number. The present count is the cause of male infertility and hence non-conception.

|