Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Why is my orgasm not good as before?

Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 06, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am 52-year-old male with strong sexual health. My issue is I do not feel the orgasms like I used to be. The feeling when I reach the climax is not good or strong as used to be a year ago. Please help.

Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology


Welcome to

I read your query and understand your concerns about qualitatively poor ejaculation. As per the available reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the definite cause cannot be made out. This is because your hormonal profile pertaining to sexual health is excellent and there is no abnormality.

The other causes of poor ejaculation such as diabetes, high cholesterol, liver, and renal abnormality are also out of question as per the attached reports. Having said this I feel we need to rule out the prostate enlargement or prostate disease process which can be easily done with an ultrasound of lower abdomen and pelvis.

In addition please get your vitamin B12 and thyroid function test done from a nearby laboratory.

The third possible but potential cause can be excessive worry due to some or other things. So it is important to manage the stress related to poor ejaculation as well as other things in life.

To conclude the available reports do not suggest any abnormality so we need to look for other causes with help of serum vitamin B12 and T3, T4, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and USG (ultrasound) abdomen with the pelvis. You are requested to revert back to me with these reports.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Is it normal to get orgasm without erection?
My ejaculation quantity has diminished. How to improve?
Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I do not feel the desire to have sex and am unable to ejaculate. Is it treatable?

Query: Hello doctor,I want to discuss a sexual problem. I do not feel the desire to have sex. Although I try to have sex and also get an erection, I am unable to ejaculate. After some time, the erection just goes away without any ejaculation. I like to do foreplay but never really interested in sex as long...  Read Full »

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »

I never had an orgasm by myself. Is it because of my porn addiction?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. I got used to masturbating to porn for seven years now, and I never had an orgasm by myself only, maybe twice my whole life before my relationship. And now I am in a lesbian relationship, and we are living together. The whole six months, I have never had an o...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.