Q. Why is my orgasm not good as before?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 06, 2020

I am 52-year-old male with strong sexual health. My issue is I do not feel the orgasms like I used to be. The feeling when I reach the climax is not good or strong as used to be a year ago. Please help.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns about qualitatively poor ejaculation. As per the available reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the definite cause cannot be made out. This is because your hormonal profile pertaining to sexual health is excellent and there is no abnormality.

The other causes of poor ejaculation such as diabetes, high cholesterol, liver, and renal abnormality are also out of question as per the attached reports. Having said this I feel we need to rule out the prostate enlargement or prostate disease process which can be easily done with an ultrasound of lower abdomen and pelvis.

In addition please get your vitamin B12 and thyroid function test done from a nearby laboratory.

The third possible but potential cause can be excessive worry due to some or other things. So it is important to manage the stress related to poor ejaculation as well as other things in life.

To conclude the available reports do not suggest any abnormality so we need to look for other causes with help of serum vitamin B12 and T3, T4, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and USG (ultrasound) abdomen with the pelvis. You are requested to revert back to me with these reports.

|