Frontal Sinusitis

Why do I have headaches even after having a normal vision and good sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from throbbing, dull pain in my left eye, which is shooting down to the left nostril. I feel pressure when I bend forward and also some discharge from the nose with a salty taste. I am getting the pain while watching television and when working in the computer. I am having ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details that you have posted. The differential diagnosis for your problem would be as follows. First is frontal sinusitis, as you have told there is pain when you press above left eye. Normally, frontal sinus drains into the nasal cavity in ...  Read Full »

Why do I still feel pressure on top of my head after taking antibiotics for frontal sinusitis?

Query: I had a sinus infection and was prescribed two weeks Clavulin for a total dose of 1500 mg per day . At the end of two weeks I was symptom-free - but the day after I finished the meds I got my symptoms back and developed frontal sinus infection. I went on Clavulin for three weeks at the highest...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Apologies for the late reply! As you have rightly put it, the most probable problem out there is a severe allergic problem with an associated sinusitis (frontal sinusitis to be precise). I have tried to explain things in a very simple yet precise manner below. The cascade of events is explaine...  Read Full »

When is sinus surgery indicated?

Query: Hi doctor, I snore and wake up tired daily. Sometimes, my nose is runny all day. I have attached my CT report for your reference. I just wanted to know if surgery necessary. Will it benefit me? Please explain.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are happy to help you. Your CT scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity) concludes that you have retention cyst inside both maxillary sinuses and the right frontal sinus. Retention cysts form when fluid collections in the sinuses get covered with a mucu...  Read Full »

What can cause a dull pain over the left eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having episodes where I will have periods of dull pain over my left eye, the area where the bridge of my nose meets my brow bone. At the same time, I am getting a tingling sensation in my right groin at a very specific location and not a generalized tingling. The periods o...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concerns. From the available description, it is clear that you are having frontal sinusitis which can explain all of your symptoms except tingling sensation in groin. Presence of pain on touch (tenderness), pain while in rec...  Read Full »

Nothing seems to help my allergic rhinitis. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with allergic rhinitis. I saw many doctors and had a nasal septum deviation surgery last year too, to control the allergies but nothing helped. I have to take antihistamines twice every day. I take 180 mg Telfast. The symptoms are very similar to having the flu. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Allergy is a genetic disorder and does not have a permanent cure. When we know we are allergic to some substance, the best way to avoid allergy is to stay away from it. This form of allergen-avoidance is not practical in your case. To establish that it is allergy indee...  Read Full »

My mom's headache has not improved in spite of medicines. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding the health of my 50 year old mother, who is not keeping well for the past six months. She has been complaining of headaches for the past five to six months, which has been constant with heaviness around her forehead and the area between the eyes and the nose. We got a...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinidhi Ravi

Allergy Specialist, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just went through your query regarding your mother's health. The complaints could be due to sinusitis. She will need further testing to confirm it. Until then, I suggest the following: Please start Furamist nasal spray (Fluticasone topical) once a day for 15 days. If...  Read Full »

Why did I have a severe headache while flying?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a brain scan, as I had a severe headache when flying recently. The CT scan revealed the following images that I have attached. My GP is not sure what it is and has referred me to a specialist. The waiting period is a few weeks, so I am obviously concerned and stressed. Please, can ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The CT scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is suggestive of sinusitis. The images you have sent are not complete. Kindly send more images. With present images, you seem to have a frontal, maxillary, and sphenoid sinusitis, which is giving you headac...  Read Full »