Frozen Shoulder

How to treat frozen shoulder in diabetic patients?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is diabetic. Now, she is having a frozen shoulder and cannot lift both hands for the past three months. She is also depressed due to my family issues and on anti-depressants tablets. She is now taking Clonotril 0.5, Arip MT 10, Nexito 5, Glycomet trio 2, Mixtard 30 16 units on...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is her job, and how much physical activity she has in her daily routine?  Read Full »

How to manage a frozen shoulder?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 65 years old male, I weight 135 pounds, and I am 5.3 feet tall. I take daily maintenance Versant 5 mg (for hypertension) and Janumet 50 mg (for diabetes). I have frozen right shoulder pain from the upper back shoulder, highest pain in the upper inner arm shooting down to my hand. The...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

General Practitioner, Family Physician, Preventive Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing. As per your medical history, you suffer from a frozen shoulder, and now it is paining with restricted movement of your shoulder. Since it is paining now, I would advise you to do the following things, 1. Get an MRI scan of the shoulder joint as ...  Read Full »

How to treat left shoulder pain and arm pain in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom is a diabetic for the past 10 years. She takes Glimidib MV2 SR and insulin Insuman Comb 25. Yesterday, she did sugar levels before breakfast it is 294 and post it is 334. She has been having pain in the left shoulder and the arm, since March 2020. We have been in consultation w...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have treated many such patients with adhesive capsulitis and cervical spondylitis. I would like to suggest initial management for your mother and she will require a good follow up ...  Read Full »

Do left arm pain and shoulder pain in an elderly patient indicates heart disease?

Query: Hello doctor, This is about my 69 years old mother, non-obese, nonhypertensive, nondrinker/smoker. She is not on any medication. She is unable to move her left arm for the past three days and also has shoulder pain, especially when not sitting. There was no injury to the arm. And the trouble moving...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ilciniq.com. Please attach the ECG report, it is not attached. Please clarify, whether the pain is prominent feature or inability to move the arm, or is it like that she is not able to move arm because of pain or fear of pain. Now, this is not indicative of heart disease. Left a...  Read Full »

Can Achilles' tendon weakness make a person fall often?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question for my mother. My mother is 50 years old. She complains of episodic, sudden loss of weight bearing ability on the left Achilles tendon. This has resulted in two major falls, which resulted in trauma. These are present for past few months and have become more frequent in...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee, anemia, peria...  Read Full »

Why am I having severe shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, Approximately 4 months ago, some mild pain started in my right shoulder joint but i have not taken it seriously. It started bothering me since end of February and it was slowly worsening. I daily travel by crowded trains, approximately 25 km to my workplace and back. By middle of Mar...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be frozen shoulder, as told by orthopaedic earlier. Primary treatment of frozen shoulder is physiotherapy. Pain killer and muscle relaxants are given temporarily, start on tablet Neorelax MR 8 (Aceclofenace + Thiocolchicoside) two times a day for 5 days alon...  Read Full »

What is the reason for shoulder and arm pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 28 years old. She is suffering from shoulder and arm pain. She has more pain during night-time and not able to get good sleep. First we consulted a doctor; he gave some multivitamin and Calcium tablets. Also advised her to do some exercise, but there is no effect. Then we consu...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Uric acid levels are within normal levels. Hemoglobin levels are reduced and should be around 12 g. Most probably it is due to iron deficiency anemia. She needs to take Iron and Folic acid tablets for a month and repeat her hemoglobin levels to see that it has returned t...  Read Full »

From the MRI of my shoulder, can you tell me if my shoulder will ever get better?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had shoulder problems since high school. I played field hockey at school, club, provincial, and national school team. And I was also in the swimming, volleyball, life-saving, and club tennis team in school, club, provincial and national school. I played squash socially. I had a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI report is telling us of the previous surgeries that the shoulder has had. Currently, there is a fresh partial thickness tear of one of the rotator cuff muscles. There is also some changes that suggest that you may be having early stages of frozen shoulder. Bot...  Read Full »

Why am I unable to move my hand after trauma in humerus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 47 years old male. I had a nasty fall and MRI established post-traumatic injuries in right humerus head and shoulder. I took medicines for two months. The doctors said it has healed but I am unable to move my hand rear side. It is paining a lot. Unable to pick even a small weight...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes are: Fracture non-union. Rotator cuff tear. Frozen shoulder. Your MRI report is incomplete (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and does not describe the initial except for showing hyperintensity. I suspect that you dislocated ...  Read Full »

Typing on the keyboard causes a shoulder pain from three years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using the computer every day for ten years and have developed a right shoulder pain in the last three years. I spend seven to eight hours with the computer and use the right hand for the mouse and keyboard. Now, I have to use the mouse with my left hand due to frequ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. This does not seem like a localized pain to the hand and shoulder. I think the pain is neurogenic originating from the compression of a nerve in the neck. There is a possibility of frozen shoulder too which may also present with similar sy...  Read Full »