Frozen Shoulder

What is the reason for shoulder and arm pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 28 years old. She is suffering from shoulder and arm pain. She has more pain during night-time and not able to get good sleep. First we consulted a doctor; he gave some multivitamin and Calcium tablets. Also advised her to do some exercise, but there is no effect. Then we consu...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Uric acid levels are within normal levels. Hemoglobin levels are reduced and should be around 12 g. Most probably it is due to iron deficiency anemia. She needs to take Iron and Folic acid tablets for a month and repeat her hemoglobin levels to see that it has returned t...  Read Full »

From the MRI of my shoulder, can you tell me if my shoulder will ever get better?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had shoulder problems since high school. I played field hockey at school, club, provincial, and national school team. And I was also in the swimming, volleyball, life-saving, and club tennis team in school, club, provincial and national school. I played squash socially. I had a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI report is telling us of the previous surgeries that the shoulder has had. Currently, there is a fresh partial thickness tear of one of the rotator cuff muscles. There is also some changes that suggest that you may be having early stages of frozen shoulder. Bot...  Read Full »

Why am I unable to move my hand after trauma in humerus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 47 years old male. I had a nasty fall and MRI established post-traumatic injuries in right humerus head and shoulder. I took medicines for two months. The doctors said it has healed but I am unable to move my hand rear side. It is paining a lot. Unable to pick even a small weight...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes are: Fracture non-union. Rotator cuff tear. Frozen shoulder. Your MRI report is incomplete (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and does not describe the initial except for showing hyperintensity. I suspect that you dislocated ...  Read Full »

Typing on the keyboard causes a shoulder pain from three years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using the computer every day for ten years and have developed a right shoulder pain in the last three years. I spend seven to eight hours with the computer and use the right hand for the mouse and keyboard. Now, I have to use the mouse with my left hand due to frequ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. This does not seem like a localized pain to the hand and shoulder. I think the pain is neurogenic originating from the compression of a nerve in the neck. There is a possibility of frozen shoulder too which may also present with similar sy...  Read Full »

How to find the reason for shoulder and arm pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My weight is 54 kg and height is 4'10". I have been suffering from upper arm and shoulder pain for the past one year, and it increased in the last three months. I cannot lift any weight. I feel pain with movement (forward and backward) of the arm. The arm is sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Non-traumatic pain in shoulder in a female of your age group is either because of periarthritis shoulder or frozen shoulder or due to early osteoarthritic changes in the shoulder joint. Both clinical examination and radiological investigation such as x-ray and MRI sca...  Read Full »

I had rotator cuff tear. Will I recover after surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I had rotator cuff surgery before eight months. The repaired shoulder hurts more than before surgery, and I have lost about 30% range of motion. Now, the doctor has told me that it is a frozen shoulder. Also, I was informed that my right shoulder rotator cuff is fully torn and he has sche...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to me, the shoulder never gets back 100 percent movement. But, 90% is possible if the surgery is done perfectly. The pain after the surgery is aggravated due to stretching of physiotherapy. Yes, working normally will be possible, and you will be able to work and...  Read Full »

My mom met with two major falls. Is that due to Achilles tendon weakness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question for my mother. My mother is 50 years old. She complains of episodic, sudden loss of weight bearing ability on the left Achilles tendon. This has resulted in two major falls, which resulted in trauma. These are present for past few months and have become more frequent in...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee, anemia, peria...  Read Full »