Clotrimazole is an antifungal medication available in cream, tablet and powder form. It is used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, diaper rash, yeast infection, etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Can folliculitis cause dizziness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a cluster of boils in the genital area, which is there for over three months, and nothing seems to work to get them disappear. I also have boils and rashes on my chest. I recently completed the STI test, but it was all negative. I have not attended any general physician for physi...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a cluster of boils on the genital area, boils and rashes on the chest for the last few months. According to your investigation reports, you are free from a...  Read Full »

How to manage viral infection present with red rashes in my 4-year-old son?

Query: Hi doctor, I am looking to get advice for my 4-year-old son. He has red rashes on various parts of the body. He has large red patches on the lower stomach, upper legs, face, and on his neck. He does not have any skin problems in the past and the rash does not seem to be itchy. I have consulted two ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram


Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the case. Yes, your son can have two possible causes. The first one is a viral infection. For any viral infection, it takes up to six to seven days to get resolved. Your son needs proper bed rest and maintain good hydration. You can give Panadol syru...  Read Full »

I have some white growths on the side of the tongue. Is it due to oral candidiasis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20-year-old male with a weight of 78 kilograms and a height of six feet. I have the habit of smoking for four years. I drink alcohol in a moderate amount. I am not taking any medication. I have a problem with my tongue. I started to have this problem before three months. The tongu...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to After going through the detailed history and description, it seems that you are suffering from oral candidiasis. But it is difficult to rule out the condition without examining you. Please send me a photo of your mouth in an open position and the tongue in pulled out co...  Read Full »

Why do I get recurrent balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My foreskin is not coming down. I had balanitis two years back, and I was advised for some tablets and cream in the icliniq app and got cured again. I am having the same problem now after two years.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from balanitis, which is the inflammation of the head of the penis or glans penis. It is associated with the difficulty of coming down of foreskin with other clinical features. It may resul...  Read Full »

I got a pimple on my prostate after protected sex. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old and I had a protected sex two days back. The condom came off only when she used her hands. Yesterday, I had itching all over my body and today I notice a small pimple on my prostate. I am applying Fucidin cream over it. What is the problem?   Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. I have gone through the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a fungal infection. You can apply an antifungal cream Candid B (Beclomethasone and Clotrimazole) over it. You can tablet Cetzen (Cetirizine) fo...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution to help my anal warts and vaginal infection.

Query: Hello doctor, I have anal warts and infection in the vaginal area. It is looking like a yeast infection. What can I do about this problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. In the image shared by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the details presented by you, I recommend that for relief:- 1. Use Surfaz SN cream locally. 2. Use V wash to clean th...  Read Full »

Do I have melanoma due to the black spot present on the foreskin of penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 35 years old. I noticed a black dot on the foreskin of the penis and it looks like just a change of color and there is no flakiness or bloat over it. It is less than 1 mm in size. I started to have this last month as I decided to use condoms when my wife stopped taking birth control...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It does not appear to be due to melanoma (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It can be due to fungal infection or irritation or allergy. Avoid too much irritation or friction. Keep the area well ventilated. Wear loose innerwear. You should clean the area w...  Read Full »

What could present as a small white dot on the inflamed penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old male. I am circumcised and recently noticed irritation on my penis near the head. I have a small white dot just above the circumcision line. And I also have two to three pink spots surrounding my tip. Some papules seem to be slightly inflamed and irritated. There is no ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram


Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your case. In my opinion, you are having a genital lichen planus. It has nothing to do with STD (sexually transmitted disease), and it is also not part of fungus infection. It is an inflammatory response. However, a further detailed examination is ...  Read Full »

Do I need oral antifungal medication for fungal infection on the head?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a fungal infection that started with me getting cradle cap, and then the fungus spread throughout my hair, feet and has now spread all over my body. I have tried essential oils, also OTC Nizoral, and santifungal Terbinafine. I resorted shaving my head, and the fungus continues ...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. Seborrheic dermatitis is caused by a superficial fungus in the upper layers of skin and can present as redness, scaling, and itching over the scalp, face, and body. Please avoid the use of any body or scalp oil as that might increas...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my tight foreskin and burning sensation in the penis and anal area?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sensitive penis for months. The foreskin does not retract smoothly, and there are some white smelly things insides the foreskin. Recently, there is a burning sensation, and I cannot locate the exact area. It is burning of the urethra as well as it seems the whole penis. I can...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Are you a diabetic? Do you have a relation with multiple partners? I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The image shows balanitis. Usually, it is seen after bacterial or candidal infection. It is most common in diabe...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.