Candidiasis

Can pregnancy occur without penetration?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee messed up. Because she did not want penetration so I just asked her to do the hand job and I ejaculated after. I wiped the fluids that was out in my penis, after a few minutes like 2 to 3 minutes. It was her turn to get satisfied so I just let her do what she wanted t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, in this case I see that her guilt is pushing her to undergo a lot of ordeal. I feel she has contracted a urinary tract infection secondary to vaginal candidiasis which is the cause of flakes in urine and the white discharge per vaginum with lower backache and a...  Read Full »

My tongue is milky white in color. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a milky like white color on my tongue that is more noticeable in the back my tongue should I be worried? I am a non-drinker and smoker.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition that you mentioned can arise due to a variety of causes. You have not suggested whether it is associated with pain, burning sensation or itching. Let me name a few conditions where the milky white appearance on the tongue is generally seen. 1. Candidia...  Read Full »

How much time does it take for Diflucan to cure urinary candidiasis?

Query: Hello doctor, My doctor prescribed Diflucan (14 days / 200 mg) to treat urinary candidiasis. I just took day 6 of Diflucan. I am feeling a little better but still have achiness in pelvic area, bladder. My question is how much longer until I get full relief? Is this normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suppose you have urine culture proven urinary candida infection for which this tablet Diflucan was started. Usually for urinary tract infection, it is given for 1 to 2 weeks depending on patient symptoms. You can continue till two weeks till sypmtoms subside and then ...  Read Full »

What is the transparent shiny red skin on penis with burning sensation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I observed something on the penis. It is like it burns and is red in color. I do not have any pain and itching. I started applying Clobesym-OZ cream. Now it seems some transparent shiny skin developing on it and also other parts of skin around it started becoming sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Clobesym (Miconazole) is a potent steroid based cream and whatever you are noticing now are the side effects of steroid usage. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://ww...  Read Full »

My vaginal opening is white in color and it itches a lot. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My vaginal opening is white in color and it itches a lot around that area. It has been like this only for the past 4 to 5 days.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The presence of itching over the vaginal opening with white discoloration is a possible indication of vulval candidiasis or fungal infection which can be treated with local and oral antifungals, but before starting any medicines, please get it confirmed by a local ex...  Read Full »

I have red bumps on penis after sex. Is it candidiasis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old and I am 67 kg and 169 cm. I am half black with kind of light skin. Although I have my fiancee, I masturbate a lot before and sometimes I damage my skin under the gland. I can mention maybe since a year or so. I always associate because, in the new place where I live...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be candidiasis or some allergic reaction. You can apply Miconazole cream locally twice daily for about 10 days and see. If it increases or recurs, see a doctor. Please use a condom until both of you are adequately treated, to prevent cross infection. The pain dur...  Read Full »

Why am I having enlargement in my urethra without discharge or odor?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. The area surrounding my urethra is enlarged. It is whitish, and it has a cottage cheese-like texture. There is no discharge or odor. I do not know what to do. I am embarrassed. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be a pelvic or sexually transmitted infection or candidiasis. Have strict hygiene. Use soft, comfortable, and cotton undergarments. Use condoms while having sex to avoid having sexually transmitted disease. Have high, low vaginal and urethral swab. After collecti...  Read Full »

I have pain and a white tissue layer forming on my penis. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 40 year old male, and I have diabetes. From a week, I have pain in the penis, and a white tissue like layer is formed. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have candidiasis. But to be sure, please send photos and details like your latest sugar levels. We can start treatment after that. Take care. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologi...  Read Full »

What can cause itch, redness and pain at the tip of penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have itchy and reddish private part since last two months. I have pain at the tip of penis and during intercourse. I consulted a doctor, he suggested me AF-Kit. After taking this for one month it was just perfect. The symptoms returned again. I tried AF-Kit, but this time, the symptoms...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query on this platform. You are suffering from fungal infection candidiasis which is notorious for recurrence. The common causes of recurrence are: Low immunity. Diabetes. Improper antibiotic use. I will suggest you to apply Clotrimazol...  Read Full »

What is the reason for white coating on the tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last few days, there is a white or yellow coating in the back of my tongue. It has been hurting. My taste buds in the back are swollen and bleed when I use the tongue scraper, which is on my toothbrush. What could this be?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashi Verma

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. A coated or white tongue occurs when the surface is colonized by bacteria or fungi, and dead cells become trapped between the small nodules on the tongue. From the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), that you have sent me. It lo...  Read Full »