Q. My brother is in coma with fungal meningitis. Will he recover?

Answered by Dr. Hitesh Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Fungal Meningitis or Fungal Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My brother has fungal meningitis and is in a coma. Initially, he responded to the commands, but after him having a tracheostomy and a feeding tube put in him; he is not responding to our words. What do you think? Is there a possibility of recovery? Will he wake up?