Q. Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Answered by Dr. Anshuman Srivastava.

Do you have a question on Fever or Fungal Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood tests for several times and all are within normal ranges. My thyroid is normal and there is no abnormal bowel activity. I do not have vomiting or nausea. There is no sinus problem. I am fatigued, pale and have periodic random strange symptoms like mild numbness or heaviness in legs and fluttering in stomach.  I have tried an antibiotic for a suspected sinus infection, but low grade fever and fatigue persists. I eat well and I am maintaining a good weight. How do I narrow down the possibilities of illness? Is it possibly a fungal infection?