Fussy Eater

My son refuses to eat anything and only enjoys junk food. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my 6 year old son. He is reluctant to eat and normally we have to change his focus from meal to feed him (by showing him television or something else). He smells things as well and does not eat if he does not like the smell of it. He likes cold drinks, chips, candi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the details you have provided, your kid seems to be a fussy eater. This is a common problem with kids of this age. Reasons for this problem are: Kids of this age are more interested in play rather than food. They are interested in junk food and hence dislike he...  Read Full »

What types of foods can be given to aid my little son eat properly?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old son weighs 14 kg and does not take his food properly. He has mild constipation. I would like to know what type of food does he need? Please suggest if he needs vitamin supplements.  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child is underweight by just 2 kg. You should try giving different food items and try new recipes. All kids are fussy eaters. We should put our maximum effort to make them eat. You can give multivitamin syrup like Visyneral Z Syrup (vitamin ...  Read Full »

What can be done to improve the appetite of 22 months old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 22 months old baby girl had a fever on Wednesday and was on Babygesic and Sinarest-AF drops for cold and fever. Until now she did not have fever but now she has raised temperature. She has not eaten solids from Wednesday. I am very worried. Please help. She is such a poor eater and...  Read Full »

Dr. Shilpa Reddy Diggireddy

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all your baby is quite underweight. She has to be above 13 kg by 22 months (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Coming to the fever part, she requires an antibiotic for the fever to subside. Please give her syrup Azee (Azithromycin) 200 - 2.5ml ...  Read Full »