HomeAnswersPediatricsbreast milkHow can I increase my breast milk?

My baby is not getting enough breast milk. Do I have a low milk supply?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At April 16, 2021
Reviewed AtMay 5, 2021

Patient's Query

My 2 months old son is 4.2 kgs now. At times, the baby is fussy on the breasts and not able to get enough milk. I tried changing breasts during feeding, but still, he starts crying and unable to settle him. It takes one hour for breasts to become hard and finally feed the baby without any fussing. I would like to know if there is any problem with the milk supply.

It may be possible that the breast milk may be less as per requirement, or there may be some issues with latching on. You need to find a balanced way to feed the baby. Please do the following:

1. Top feed the baby with a bottle and nipple after every breastfeed so that the baby does not stay hungry, and also some stimulation is put on the breast to produce milk.

2. You can try using a nipple shield on the breast for feeding and see if it improves the latching.

3. Take Satavarex powder as two scoops in one glass of milk twice a day to increase the milk flow.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Pediatrics

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Pediatrics

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy