iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPediatricsfussy eaterWhy does my 19 months old son not eat and keeps grinding his teeth?

My 19-month-old son grinds his teeth and does not eat properly. Should I give him Albendazole?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Samir Bhatia

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Published At May 23, 2020
Reviewed AtSeptember 22, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

My son is 19 months old. He is grinding his teeth most of the time. He is not eating well and takes only one spoon. After that, he has a feeling of vomiting. I am giving food with a long interval between every bite. I am giving him only mashed foods. Previously, he was taking two idlis and now he is facing difficulty in taking half idli (rice cake). One of my friends suggested me to give Albendazole syrup as his symptoms suggest worm infestation. Can I give Albendazole syrup? If yes, then please mention its dosage. Previously, he was in the weight of nine kilograms before two months and I have not checked his weight recently. I am worried about his eating habits. He became thin when comparing to before. What to do?

Answered by Dr. Samir Bhatia


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern regarding your child. Grinding is a common phenomenon occuring in children till six years. Most of the children stop doing it by six years. If he has grinding after this age, you can give him plenty of water. For Albendazole, you can give him 400 mg at an interval of six months.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Samir Bhatia
Dr. Samir Bhatia

Child Health

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy