Gallbladder Dysfunction

Can excess gas cause floating stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47 year old male. I have noticed floating stools for about two months. This may have been going on longer, but I just noticed two months ago and historically, this is not normal for me. Consistency is solid with somewhat limited quantity and more like you would expect with constipa...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are consistent with malabsorption of fat and lactose intolerance. There are various causes of malabsorption and indeed lactose intolerance, pancreatic insufficiency and gallbladder dysfunction are some of the well known causes. Bloating and soft...  Read Full »

What is the reason for nausea, chest pain and dizziness during periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 37 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 250 lbs. I have 4 kids. I am having high blood pressure and also suffering from migraines. I am currently on my periods. I woke up this morning about 6:30 AM and was fine. I started feeling tired when I drove my daughter to work at alm...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be either due to your periods. If you had similar symptoms during your cycle is in the past, then it is most likely breast tenderness and alteration in hormones causing nausea. However, keeping in mind that you have high blood pressure I would still like to...  Read Full »

I have increased ALT, AST and GGT. What does it indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. Recently I went through LFT tests. It was found that I have increased ALT 147, AST 59 and GGT 80. What I have to do now? I am non-alcoholic. Please guide.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query on icliniq.com. Increased ALT (alanine transaminase), AST (aspartate aminotransferase) and GGT (gamma-glutamyl transferase) indicates liver injury or gallbladder injury. I would suggest you to carry out ultrasound examination of abdomen to rule ou...  Read Full »

What could be the root cause for bloated stomach after having food?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. I am feeling bloated stomach and giddiness immediately after eating. The feel is more especially after lunch. What could be the root cause? Please explain. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting to have bloating after eating, especially lunch. These symptoms may be related to stomach issues like gastritis or gall bladder issues like biliary sludge (bile precipitation) or dyskinesia (gall bladder muscle motility disorder). In my opinion you sho...  Read Full »

My 11 year old son has acute periumbilical abdominal pain. Is surgery necessary for gallstones?

Query: Hello doctor, My 11 year old son has acute periumbilical abdominal pain after waking up and vomited a couple of times. Before, he used to wake up with mild to moderate pain, but three days back he had severe pain. The pain got relieved half way to the ER, so we came back home. I noticed early th...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms and the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are pointing towards cholelithiasis. Also, this is more likely since you have mentioned in your history you have the same issue. Depending on the type of stones, the next step is either removal...  Read Full »

My daughter has repeated episodes of vomiting. I would like your opinion on this matter.

Query: Hello doctor, Last year my daughter decided to go on an all vegetarian diet rather drastically. A few weeks later, she got ill with vomiting which lasted for approximately two weeks, so we made three visits to the urgent care, where she was treated for gastritis and dehydration. One month later, the...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have two theories here, but I would need a little more information if you would not mind sharing. Has she ever been tested for G6PD (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase) deficiency? During these episodes did she get a CBC (complete blood count) done? Was it compared t...  Read Full »

My ultrasound was normal, but I have excruciating lower abdominal pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old woman. I have been having excruciating pain in my right abdominal area, below my right breast. The pain travels to my back and gets unbearable at times. I have been throwing up today, and my temperature is low since the past five days. This has been going on for a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This lower abdominal pain might me due to acalculous cholecystitis, which means gall bladder dysfunction and pain without gallbladder stones. The test of choice is a HIDA (hepatobiliary iminodiacetic acid) scan since the ultrasounds are usually normal and may not sho...  Read Full »

My stomach hurts every time after I eat. Does it sound like gallbladder disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I think I have a gallbladder disease. My stomach hurts every time after I eat. The pain is in the middle of my stomach and my back. Does it sound like gallbladder disease? Is it something I should go to my doctor or ER? My mother and grandmother had their gallbladder removed, so it may be...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a genetic element in gallbladder diseases, which means that you are at a greater risk of having gallbladder disease since you have a family history. The pain you are describing is consistent with gallbladder stones, especially if it increases after meals and on l...  Read Full »

Please help with my pain under my rib cage.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. My weight is 53 kg and height is 5.3. From yesterday afternoon, I have some pain under my rib cage. Please check the reference image. I can breathe easily, but it is paining when I am breathing heavy. It has also pained when I laugh, cough and puke. Please help me wit...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is the pain on the right lower side or left lower side of the rib cage? The reason why I am asking this is due to different organs in these areas and the treatment may be different. Please also share if you have cough, fever, chills, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, yellow ...  Read Full »

Is it a must to remove gallbladder for right upper abdomen pain?

Query: Hi doctor, About a month ago, I experienced acute pain in my right upper abdomen and that radiated to my back. It happened after I had a high fat meal that night. The pain lasted for hours and continued as a dull ache for the next week. I made an appointment with a gastroenterologist and he advised ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Such description of pain is usually seen in the gallbladder issues as well as acid reflux disease. There is no point in taking a second opinion from a gastroenterologist as he would suggest the same. Actually, his suggestion is right. However, If ...  Read Full »