Gallbladder Dysfunction

Kindly suggest a permanent solution for my repeated vomiting episodes.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from vomiting for a long time. I had a consultation with an MD, and they gave me medicine for the same. They told me that I am affected by gastric problems and acidity. Still, I am suffering from the same problem with forceful vomiting. Sorry, I forgot their prescriptio...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand your concern and I know it can be very frustrating to suffer from repeated episodes of vomiting since long time. There are numerous causes of repeated vomiting since long like 1. Obstruction in esophagus, stomach, and intestines. 2. Chronic...  Read Full »

I have increased ALT, AST and GGT. What does it indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. Recently I went through LFT tests. It was found that I have increased ALT 147, AST 59 and GGT 80. What I have to do now? I am non-alcoholic. Please guide.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query on icliniq.com. Increased ALT (alanine transaminase), AST (aspartate aminotransferase) and GGT (gamma-glutamyl transferase) indicates liver injury or gallbladder injury. I would suggest you to carry out ultrasound examination of abdomen to rule ou...  Read Full »

Does it mandatory to get immediate surgery for gallstones?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend is having a gall bladder stone. We consulted few doctors, some are saying the immediate operation is needed otherwise it will be cancerous and some are saying no immediate action is required. She is having pain in her right side of the upper abdomen and also in the middle. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern about symptoms complex and ultrasound findings and whether surgery is the answer to your problem. Well, first of all, I want to clear that you do not have stones in the gallbladder. They are concretions. It is a medical term and they ar...  Read Full »

How to get rid of pain under the rib cage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. My weight is 53 kg and height is 5.3. From yesterday afternoon, I have some pain under my rib cage. Please check the reference image. I can breathe easily, but it is paining when I am breathing heavy. It has also pained when I laugh, cough and puke. Please help me wit...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is the pain on the right lower side or left lower side of the rib cage? The reason why I am asking this is due to different organs in these areas and the treatment may be different. Please also share if you have cough, fever, chills, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, yellow ...  Read Full »

Why did my doctor suggest gallbladder removal for right upper abdomen pain?

Query: Hi doctor, About a month ago, I experienced acute pain in my right upper abdomen and that radiated to my back. It happened after I had a high fat meal that night. The pain lasted for hours and continued as a dull ache for the next week. I made an appointment with a gastroenterologist and he advised ...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Such description of pain is usually seen in the gallbladder issues as well as acid reflux disease. There is no point in taking a second opinion from a gastroenterologist as he would suggest the same. Actually, his suggestion is right. However, If ...  Read Full »

Can excess gas cause floating stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47 year old male. I have noticed floating stools for about two months. This may have been going on longer, but I just noticed two months ago and historically, this is not normal for me. Consistency is solid with somewhat limited quantity and more like you would expect with constipa...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are consistent with malabsorption of fat and lactose intolerance. There are various causes of malabsorption and indeed lactose intolerance, pancreatic insufficiency and gallbladder dysfunction are some of the well known causes. Bloating and soft...  Read Full »

What is the reason for nausea, chest pain and dizziness during periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 37 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 250 lbs. I have 4 kids. I am having high blood pressure and also suffering from migraines. I am currently on my periods. I woke up this morning about 6:30 AM and was fine. I started feeling tired when I drove my daughter to work at alm...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be either due to your periods. If you had similar symptoms during your cycle is in the past, then it is most likely breast tenderness and alteration in hormones causing nausea. However, keeping in mind that you have high blood pressure I would still like to...  Read Full »

What could be the root cause for bloated stomach after having food?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. I am feeling bloated stomach and giddiness immediately after eating. The feel is more especially after lunch. What could be the root cause? Please explain. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting to have bloating after eating, especially lunch. These symptoms may be related to stomach issues like gastritis or gall bladder issues like biliary sludge (bile precipitation) or dyskinesia (gall bladder muscle motility disorder). In my opinion you sho...  Read Full »

My 11 year old son has acute periumbilical abdominal pain. Is surgery necessary for gallstones?

Query: Hello doctor, My 11 year old son has acute periumbilical abdominal pain after waking up and vomited a couple of times. Before, he used to wake up with mild to moderate pain, but three days back he had severe pain. The pain got relieved half way to the ER, so we came back home. I noticed early th...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms and the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are pointing towards cholelithiasis. Also, this is more likely since you have mentioned in your history you have the same issue. Depending on the type of stones, the next step is either removal...  Read Full »

My daughter has repeated episodes of vomiting. I would like your opinion on this matter.

Query: Hello doctor, Last year my daughter decided to go on an all vegetarian diet rather drastically. A few weeks later, she got ill with vomiting which lasted for approximately two weeks, so we made three visits to the urgent care, where she was treated for gastritis and dehydration. One month later, the...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have two theories here, but I would need a little more information if you would not mind sharing. Has she ever been tested for G6PD (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase) deficiency? During these episodes did she get a CBC (complete blood count) done? Was it compared t...  Read Full »