Q. My stomach hurts every time after I eat. Does it sound like gallbladder disease?

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 25, 2021

I think I have a gallbladder disease. My stomach hurts every time after I eat. The pain is in the middle of my stomach and my back. Does it sound like gallbladder disease? Is it something I should go to my doctor or ER? My mother and grandmother had their gallbladder removed, so it may be hereditary.

#

• There is a genetic element in gallbladder diseases, which means that you are at a greater risk of having gallbladder disease since you have a family history.
  • The pain you are describing is consistent with gallbladder stones, especially if it increases after meals and on lying down.
  • You need to have an ultrasound on your abdomen to confirm the diagnosis.
  • Treatment includes endoscopic or open surgical removal of the gallbladder or medical care as Ursodiol (Ursodeoxycholic acid) or Chenodiol (Chenodeoxycholic acid) or both if your stones are of the cholesterol type.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|