Q. Kindly review my abdominal ultrasound and give your opinion on treating my gallbladder issue.

Dr. Shivpal Saini
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 10, 2021 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2021

I had stomach pain, and I did an abdomen ultrasound to find the cause. The reports showed gallbladder stones, infection, and polyp. But I am not sure whether my pain is related to my gallbladder or something else. I had an endoscopy done, and it showed multiple ulcers, and the biopsy showed H.pylori infection.

Do I still need a gallbladder removal? I have attached the ultrasound report of the gallbladder.

Kindly help.

#

Your pain seems to be related to H.pylori gastritis. Considering your gallbladder issues, it has sludge, small calculus, and poly of size 5 mm. For Gallbladder removal, you can consider cholecystectomy. The only thing that is concerning is that polyps could sometimes transform into carcinoma.

I suggest you get treatment for the H.pylori infection.

I hope this will help you.

|