Q. Do I need surgery for removal of gallstone?

Dr. Erfana Malik
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2019

I have a 7 mm gallstone as seen in my ultrasound. They gave me Ranitidine, and I tried apple cider vinegar with fresh apples. Do I need surgery?

#

Thanks for sharing your concern.

• Well, medicines and lithotripsy can be tried for gallstones, but the definite treatment is surgery.
  • This is just to avoid that emergency condition where patient lands up with severe pain and the gallbladder became extremely inflamed and infected where surgery becomes a difficult procedure.
  • I will advise you to see your doctor and discuss surgery option with him because sooner or later you might need it.

Obesity.

Cholelithiasis.

Gallbladder surgery.

For further information consult a general practitioner online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|