Q. How to find the reason for right lower abdominal pain?

Dr. Deepak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 28, 2021

I am taking some antibiotics (Clindamycin) for dental related issues as well as Acetaminophen. I also tried Ibuprofen and Wellbutrin for unrelated reasons. My bottom right abdomen area is hurting on and off. The pain is also near the liver area and going down to the gut. The pain is not so intense, but it is present. I will not have a chance to see a doctor for a week or two and the fact of liver pain was scaring me. Do you have any ideas on what I can do in the mean time? It is about 7 to 10 days since I started taking antibiotics and pain medicine. I have had this kind of pain before 2 years when I abused over-the-counter medications. I had my liver enzymes tested and everything was normal that time.

#

I can understand your concerns.

• Of the drugs you are taking, Wellbutrin - Bupropion has a known side effect of abdomen pain. So, you should stop this medicine for some time.
  • To rule out other mentioned possibilities, you have to do an ultrasound abdomen. It will clear all your doubts.
  • If ultrasound abdomen comes normal, then the only possibility left is muscular spasm.
  • For pain, you should take tablet Buscopan 10 mg (Butylscopolamine) as and when required. Also, it is a must to go for an ultrasound abdomen.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|