Q. Why is there irritation in the stomach while eating and gas troubles?

Dr. Noushif. M

I am working in a software company. I have a gastric problem, stomach gets big and tight when gas occurs. Below are a few symptoms. When gas occurs, irritation in stomach above the belly button and just below rib bone (little right), releasing more gas when I go to the bathroom, if I eat anything spicy, irritation in the stomach at the time of eating, below right rib, no heartburn. I met a doctor, who gave Nexium 40 1-0-1 and Sucrafil 1-0-1. It was good for two hours after food, but later gas forms, feeling stomach has increased its size. So, met a Gastroenterologist, who checked and gave, Deltone 60 1-0-0 and Lafaxid 10 0-0-1. But the same issue, after eating food, nearly two hours later, gas forms, irritation at the point comes. At weekends, when I am at home, I used to eat biscuits, fruits often, so 90 % I do not get this gas problem. My weight has increased to 8 kg in the last six months.

#

You have to modify your diet and lifestyle. Try to avoid or reduce the amount of gas forming foods in your diet. Also, reduce excess spice and masalas. Add more of salads. Try short frequent feeds rather than heavy food or meals three times a day. Keep yourself well hydrated with two liters of water daily.

Avoid carbonated drinks, excess coffee and alcohol if any. Have regular aerobic exercises. Follow these measures consistently for a month and see the response. Regarding medicines, Nexium (Esomeprazole) is a good choice. Can have for 2 to 3 days whenever you have excess symptoms. An endoscopy and ultrasound scan of the abdomen, if not done, is highly recommended.

|