Q. My father is having pain on the right side of the stomach. What causes it?

Dr. Afifa Nighat

Respected Doctor,

I'm writing this in regards to my father, who is complaining of mild pain on the right side of the stomach for 4 days. Though the pain is not severe it's continuous. today the pain is reduced compared to yesterday but the pain is there. he is on a semi-solid diet and his bowel movement is also fine. please suggest some medications based on the description. I don't want to take a chance of taking him to a diagnostic center for tests in the pandemics as he is 72 yrs old with Diabetes, Asthma, and Heart issues and is on medication for all these issues. if you can advise some medicines would be really helpful. hope you can understandy condition and help me. Thanks in advance.

#

Hello

Welcome to icliniq!

With context to your father's complaints, it seems he may be suffering from gastritis (constant stomach pain, as you have mentioned) or diabetic gastropathy (if he has associated nausea, early satiety, bloating) as he is diabetic . I am mentioning both as cannot ask direct questions to you. Start him on PPI.

acidity, delayed gastric emptying , stress , steroids

EGD ( if symptoms last more than 8 weeks)

Gastritis/ GERD/ Diabetic Gastropathy

Gastritis

1. Cap: Lansoprazole 30mg per oral once daily for 4 weeks
2. Tab: Motillium 10mg per oral twice daily with meals
3. Syp: Dijex MP 2tsf per oral thrice daily with meals

1. Avoid oily/ spicy food
2. At night lie on bed elevated at 45 degree, put a block under bed at head end side
3. Drink plenty of water
4. Take small portions of carbohydrates

After 1 month

|