Q. I feel my bottom part of the belly is inflated. Kindly help.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 22, 2019

I feel that the bottom part of my belly is always inflated, and especially at nights when I eat something, I feel like it does not get digest. But during the day I do not have this problem. Also, I have done the gammagraphy test for my intestinal transit rate, and it was the three times higher the range but at night.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

I read your query, and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have idiopathic gastroparesis. You might benefit from a highly specialized gastroenterologist consultation for consideration of gastric pacemaker or gastric electrical stimulation. Gastric electrical stimulation (GES) uses a small, battery-powered device to send mild electrical pulses to the nerves and muscles in the lower stomach.

A surgeon puts the device under the skin in your lower abdomen and attaches wires from the device to the muscles in the wall of your stomach. GES can help decrease long-term nausea and vomiting. GES is used to treat people with gastroparesis due to diabetes or unknown causes only, and only in people whose symptoms cannot be controlled with medicines. Check with your gastroenterologist for further details. I hope you find my advice beneficial.

I thought too in seeing an endocrinologist. Because this happened to me at nights during the day, I can eat anything, and I do not have any problem. So my question what can I do so my metabolism works at night as good as it works in the day. Maybe there is a hormone that I am not producing at night or something like that.

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetology Endocrinology
#

I appreciate your concern, but it is not a hormone problem. It was in my feed, so I answered your question.

Ask an Endocrinologist Now