Gastroparesis

My bottom part of the belly is inflated. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel that the bottom part of my belly is always inflated, and especially at nights when I eat something, I feel like it does not get digest. But during the day I do not have this problem. Also, I have done the gammagraphy test for my intestinal transit rate, and it was the three tim...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have idiopathic gastroparesis. You might benefit from a highly specialized gastroenterologist consultation for consideration of gastric pacemaker or gastric electrical stimulation. Gastric elect...  Read Full »

My pupils are uneven. What could cause anisocoria?

Query: Hello doctor,One of my friends recently pointed out that my pupils are sometimes uneven. I searched and got many scary possibilities. However, I did look at pictures from years ago and noticed different degrees of anisocoria. Now that someone has pointed it out, I obsess over it and see it a lot. It...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are different pathological causes of anisocoria, as you mentioned that you are taking medications, including Paxil (Paroxetine). It means drug levels are changed in blood and its effect on pupil size. If you are not having any problem, there is nothing to worry...  Read Full »

Why am I having severe constipation after sigmoidectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had small cysts in the past that would come and go during childbearing or menstruating years. I also have IgA deficiency, chronic inflammatory arthritis, autoimmune hypothyroid and low WBC count. My present condition is, for past several weeks I have been having pain in the lower l...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms and an abdominal lump in the left lower abdomen with constipation and bladder symptoms with bloating and decreased appetite do indicate a possibility of a large adrenal mass which could be a developing and growing ovarian cyst or mass, which should be ...  Read Full »