Q. I am having few symptoms since I had whiskey for the first time. What to do?

Dr. Diwakar Sharma
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2020

My mind is foggy and I am not able to think clearly. I am very forgetful and I sleep more during daytime. I cannot grasp things quickly and it takes a lot of time. My problem started 4 years ago when I drunk whiskey for the first time in my life. Since then my mind was foggy and slowed down. Also, I started skipping work and studies. Please help me. I have taken a lot of antidepressants, but it does not help. I am very much confused and I am less attentive to the things that go around me. I find difficulty in driving the car and it takes a lot of mental effort. I have social phobia and I fear going out of home. I like to do everything at home.

#

• I believe the use of the substance in your case has further worsened your anxiety.
  • The symptoms you have described are suggestive of a heightened emotional state and commonly seen in association with anxiety.
  • In order to get rid of this, you may have to see a therapist.  You need an appointment with a psychiatrist who can prescribe you some medicines to temporarily overcome anxiety, so that the therapy is feasible.

Substance induced anxiety.

GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) with social phobia.

Psychotherapy (CBT - cognitive behavior therapy) with short term pharmacotherapy.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|