Q. How to overcome the habit of tongue thrusting?

Dr. Vijay K Asrani
Published on Nov 21, 2018

I have a habit of tongue thrusting. Now, I am using permanent retainers for the past four months. How to overcome it?

Dr. Vijay K Asrani

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

Please say your age. Usually, tongue thrusting is done unconsciously. So initially, you should be aware of it. Habit breaking appliance can also be used, and it takes time. It can also be stopped by a process called cognitive behavioral therapy.

I get anxiety while making eye contact. Please help.

Query: Hey doctor, I have been shy for as long as I remember. Not sure when I started suffering from social anxiety, I guess it built up slowly. Probably started in the middle of my teenage years. I am 32 now. I have been able to get through pretty good during the years. However, something really nasty st...  Read Full »

Esthetic Era - Treatment for Midline Diastema

Article Overview: In this article, we will discuss various treatment options for a gap in upper front teeth, medically known as midline diastema. Read Article

What Is Midline Diastema? Midline diastema is the gap present between the upper front teeth irrespective of spacing present between the lower front teeth. If the gap present between the upper front teeth is more than 0.5 mm proximally, space is visible between the upper central incisors. Usually, ...  Read Article