Q. Is there any way to cure GERD?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
Published on Feb 06, 2019

I have GERD. Wake up with GERD, have it all day long. I have take HCL with Pectin. My GERD gets worse, burning is bad. I am trying Melatonin 3 mg nightly, no result. My doctor wants me on Prilosec and I refused. Please help.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

GERD is a condition in which undigested foods mixed with stomach juices reflects to esophagus and produces a burning sensation in esophagus and mouth. Indigestion and acidity is the main cause of this condition. GERD can be managed naturally through changes in food habits, lifestyle, ayurvedic medicines, and Yoga practices.

Indigestion, smoking, and drinking, consuming more spicy and fried junk foods, lack of exercises, etc.

Acidity.

You can take the following ayurvedic medicines regularly for one month and follows instructions.
Rx,
1. Avipattikara Churna 3 gm twice a day after meals.
2. Kamadudha Rasa 1 tablet + Prawal Panchamrita 1 tablet + Sutashekhara Rasa 1 tablet twice a day before food.
3. Guduchyadi Kasayam 15 ml twice a day with an equal amount of water after meals.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
Drink plenty of water.
Avoid smoking and drinking if you have these habits.
Do regular Kapalbhati Mandukasana, Anuloma vilom, Nadi sodhan and bhramari.

I have GERD. Can you suggest any treament?

Query: Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from stomach ulcer for the past 2 years. Till now the ulcer was not severe, but since few days I have been having stomach pain everytime after having food. Doctor diagnosed that, I have GERD. But even then I faced GERD problems rarely. But for the past 3 weeks ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the age of 24 year it is unlikely that you have ulcer in the stomach. It could be GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) that is causing all these symptoms, but after long time it may cause ulcer. If you are not responding to PPIs (Proton-Pump Inhibitors) then it co...  Read Full

How can I control acidity with headache?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having an acidity problem. From the past 10 days, it is being greater due to which I am having a headache from the past 10 days. What should I do to control it and what should be my diet and routine exercise?  Read Full >>

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your problem carefully. I need some information that is missing in your query. Your age, job, daily life and dietary habit, acidity increases after or before the meal, more details about the stomach problem, bowel habit. I am trying to give you some suggesti...  Read Full

I have acidity and indigestion problem. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male, who weighs 62 kg. My stomach is swollen, and it feels as if it is filled with gas. I also have low appetite, acidity, and indigestion. I used to chew tobacco from a long time, but I quit it recently. I am an occasional drinker, and I am fond of spicy foods. I am...  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You are suffering from an acid peptic disease, for which you are taking Famotidine at present. Also, your stomach is bloated as mentioned in your post. So you have features of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and I would suggest you take a com...  Read Full

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now