Q. I am suffering from acidity and uneasiness when I take spicy food. Please help.

Dr. Sugandh Garg

I eat out a lot and take junk food very frequently. I am suffering from acidity now. If I take spicy food, I feel uneasiness in my stomach. I am a 25 year old male. Please help.

Do you have a question on Acidity or Oily Food?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Sugandh Garg

MBBS., MD
Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Toxicology

Please consider the following suggestions to get rid of your acidity:

• Avoid eating out.
  • Also avoid oily, spicy and fried food items.
  • Drink plenty of water (at least eight glasses of water every day).
  • Drink two glasses of water in the morning as soon as you wake up (on empty stomach).
  • Take more of cold milk, buttermilk, and curd.
  • Take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily in the morning before food.

If you have further questions consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Also Read Answers From: Acidity Oily Food Spicy Food Junk Food

What does hepatomegaly with fatty changes, hydronephrosis, and SOL mean?
Query: Hello doctor, My mom has a severe abnormality in the lower abdominal part. On doctor's consultation, we have done USG. In the report, the impression shows that mild hepatomegaly with grade II fatty changes, right-sided mild hydronephrosis, bulky heterogeneous uterus with multiple SOLs. What does it...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry about. For hepatomegaly, you will have to lose weight and avoid oily foods. Mild hydronephrosis could be because of some infection in the kidneys which may require antibiotics. There is mild SOL (space occupying lesion) in the uterus which coul...  Read Full »

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?
Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. There are no drug interactions between Pantoprozole and Diclofenac (Voltaren). In fact, anyone who takes painkillers like Diclofenac has to take Pantoprazole to prevent Diclofenac-induced gastritis. So, relax and take the regular dose of Pa...  Read Full »

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?
Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but yes Pantoprazole allergy is a permanent condition that you will need to report to any doctor you visit before prescribing medications. Also, this allergy is nothing to worry about as long as you av...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now