Q. Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Published on Jun 09, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your query. There are no drug interactions between Pantoprozole and Diclofenac (Voltaren). In fact, anyone who takes painkillers like Diclofenac has to take Pantoprazole to prevent Diclofenac-induced gastritis. So, relax and take the regular dose of Pantoprazole.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

How to treat indigestion, gastritis, mouth ulcers and wet cough?

Query: Hello doctor, I have indigestion, gastritis, mouth ulcers, and a wet cough.  Read Full >>

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. it is generally seen that indigestion causes acidity, gaseous distention, mouth ulcers, and constipation. And indigestion depends on your food habits and lifestyles. If it persists for a long time it causes the above-mentioned issues. Take Liv 52 syrup 10 ml twice a day...  Read Full

Is tablet Pansec increasing my father's creatinine levels?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is being treated for peptic ulcer, from the past 15 days. So, he is taking a medicine called as Pansec 40 mg, in the morning and evening. He has also developed slight kidney problems, and his creatinine has raised to 1.6. To rule out renal cancer, the doctor will perform ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pantoprazole belongs to a group of drugs called as proton pump inhibitors, and they are known to cause interstitial nephritis. However, they are not strongly blamed for causing so, but if you want to be on the safer side, it is advisable to switch from Pantoprazo...  Read Full

Is using Pantoprazole with Cutein in acne patients effective?

Query: Hello doctor, I have acne for around five years. Now I am using Cutein tablets. I suddenly got a burning sensation in my stomach. So, now I am using Pantoprazole tablets along with Cutein. Is that effective or injurious?  Read Full >>

Dr. Mohammed Parvez

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cutein tablet contains Iron as one of the ingredients, along with some other vitamins. The iron tablets can give increased acid in the stomach and indigestion. But, if you take both Cutein and Pantoprazole tablets together, the iron will not get absorbed. Therefore, fir...  Read Full