Q. I have acidity and indigestion problem. What to do?

Published on Aug 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 27 year old male, who weighs 62 kg. My stomach is swollen, and it feels as if it is filled with gas. I also have low appetite, acidity, and indigestion. I used to chew tobacco from a long time, but I quit it recently. I am an occasional drinker, and I am fond of spicy foods. I am currently taking Mosiba and Famocid 40.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post.

• You are suffering from an acid peptic disease, for which you are taking Famotidine at present. Also, your stomach is bloated as mentioned in your post.
  • So you have features of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and I would suggest you take a combination of Esomeprazole and Levosulpiride (Sompraz L) for four weeks and Rifaximin 200, twice daily, for one week and stop spicy foods for this week.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

One more thing, do I have to get an endoscopy? I took Mariliv and Festal N for 15 days. And I took Dompan SR for 10 days. But my situation is not improving. Now I am taking Famocid 40 and Mosiba. Please tell me whether to stop the previous medicines and follow the medicines suggested by you only or what?

#

• Going for an endoscopy is not a bad idea. It is recommended in people who have dyspepsia, which is not responding to treatment. So, go ahead with the endoscopy.

For further queries consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Please suggest safe painkillers for toothache.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pain inside my mouth. At the top of my mouth, it is like a bubble and so painful. The nerves are making me having a toothache on the right side of my mouth. I have had this for three days now and took a few painkillers. Now, my stomach hurts like bloating and twitching....  Read Full »

Please suggest some ayurveda medicine for IBS.

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting diarrhea for five days in a month. Also, I always have loose stool. When I consulted my doctor I came to know that it is irritable bowel syndrome. I would like to get it cured through ayurveda medicine. Please suggest me a treatment.  Read Full »