Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have acidity and indigestion problem. What to do?

Answered by
Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

I am a 27 year old male, who weighs 62 kg. My stomach is swollen, and it feels as if it is filled with gas. I also have low appetite, acidity, and indigestion. I used to chew tobacco from a long time, but I quit it recently. I am an occasional drinker, and I am fond of spicy foods. I am currently taking Mosiba and Famocid 40.

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology


Welcome to

I went through your post.

  • You are suffering from an acid peptic disease, for which you are taking Famotidine at present. Also, your stomach is bloated as mentioned in your post.
  • So you have features of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and I would suggest you take a combination of Esomeprazole and Levosulpiride (Sompraz L) for four weeks and Rifaximin 200, twice daily, for one week and stop spicy foods for this week.


For more information consult a general medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

One more thing, do I have to get an endoscopy? I took Mariliv and Festal N for 15 days. And I took Dompan SR for 10 days. But my situation is not improving. Now I am taking Famocid 40 and Mosiba. Please tell me whether to stop the previous medicines and follow the medicines suggested by you only or what?

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology


Welcome back to

  • Going for an endoscopy is not a bad idea. It is recommended in people who have dyspepsia, which is not responding to treatment. So, go ahead with the endoscopy.

For further queries consult a general medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Why am I having indigestion, incomplete stool evacuation and abdomen swelling?
Is it normal to have bloated stomach after laparoscopy?
How to reduce the symptoms of IBS?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Please suggest safe painkillers for toothache.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pain inside my mouth. At the top of my mouth, it is like a bubble and so painful. The nerves are making me having a toothache on the right side of my mouth. I have had this for three days now and took a few painkillers. Now, my stomach hurts like bloating and twitching....  Read Full »

Please suggest some ayurveda medicine for IBS.

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting diarrhea for five days in a month. Also, I always have loose stool. When I consulted my doctor I came to know that it is irritable bowel syndrome. I would like to get it cured through ayurveda medicine. Please suggest me a treatment.  Read Full »

Also Read

Can naked body to body massage spread HIV?
Hello doctor, I recently had some business trip during which I had some naked body to body massage wherein massager vag...  Read more»
Are COVID-19 Patients Infectious for up to 90 Days After Recovery?
There have been reports of recovered COVID-19 patients getting reinfected and testing positive for almost 3 months. Read...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a General Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.