Q. Why am I having indigestion, incomplete stool evacuation and abdomen swelling?

Answered by
Dr. Noushif. M
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am 28 years old male and unmarried. For the last two months, I feel some gastric problems which include incomplete evacuation of stool at morning properly, abdomen swelling, numbness in feet, low energy in legs, low hunger, food not digested properly, slight pain in right side under ribs, and very rarely heart side. I have also gone through ECG but the doctor told that it is perfectly fine in ECG.

So, I took some Probiotics, antibiotics like Ofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin, and Librax, but did not solve my problem entirely. Then I consulted a doctor. He told me that I have liver enlargement and told me some medical tests and ultrasound. Then I found liver enlarged, high cholesterol, and some other issues. I used to drink alcohol for four years very much, then moderate. I started smoking eight years back. I masturbate a lot, which I think make my body weak. I tried to control very much but I think I am addicted to it now. I have strong will power but my strong urge and anxiety lead again towards it. I used my type multivitamin for some time which includes Revital mainly. I used to drink water a lot nearly 6 to 7 liters daily. A few months back, I came to know my vitamin D is also low. I am a vegetarian. I have multiple kidney stones (5 to 6) in both sides. This is the fourth time of formation. In the LFT test, OT and PT are very high. Please prescribe some medicine for fatty liver, cholesterol and other problems you find from my history and blood test.



Welcome to

You need to modify your diet and lifestyle consistently and avoid all medicines and foods which can potentially damage the liver. You need to be on a diet high in protein and low in fat or carbohydrates. You should have regular physical activity. Regarding medicines, I need to see the liver function tests to comment. Can you give the exact SGOT and SGPT values?

Thank you doctor,

All blood test and ultrasound reports are attached. I also feel slight pain on the heart side also may be because of cholesterol.



Welcome back to

You can have the following medicines, tablet Udiliv (Ursodeoxycholic acid) 300 mg twice daily for a month, Calcirol sachet (60 K) (Vitamin D3) one sachet weekly for six weeks. Follow the diet and other instructions well. Get a repeat liver function test done after two months and review with the report.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I am having incomplete evacuation of bowel with abdominal pain. Why?

Hello doctor, I have been suffering from alternate loose stool and constipation, with the feeling of incomplete evacuation of bowel wi...   Read full

Are heartburn, indigestion and frequent belching symptoms of GERD?

.. the symptoms such as burping, gurgling within esophagus and funny noise all can be encompassed in to one diagnosis, that is, GERD. But thing which make concerned, are-you have 3 endoscopies and all showling normal without signs of ulceration which...   Read full

I observe occasional blood and mucus in stool. Is it due to Pitta dosha?

.. like colitis. Its occurrence depends on food habits and lifestyle. It can be manage naturally through ayurvedic medicines. There is a need to take ayurvedic medicines for three months regularly under a controlled diet plan. I suggest taking Bilva...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Medical Gastroenterologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.