Q. Why am I having indigestion, incomplete stool evacuation and abdomen swelling?

Dr. Noushif M
Published on Oct 09, 2018

I am 28 years old male and unmarried. For the last two months, I feel some gastric problems which include incomplete evacuation of stool at morning properly, abdomen swelling, numbness in feet, low energy in legs, low hunger, food not digested properly, slight pain in right side under ribs, and very rarely heart side. I have also gone through ECG but the doctor told that it is perfectly fine in ECG.

So, I took some Probiotics, antibiotics like Ofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin, and Librax, but did not solve my problem entirely. Then I consulted a doctor. He told me that I have liver enlargement and told me some medical tests and ultrasound. Then I found liver enlarged, high cholesterol, and some other issues. I used to drink alcohol for four years very much, then moderate. I started smoking eight years back. I masturbate a lot, which I think make my body weak. I tried to control very much but I think I am addicted to it now. I have strong will power but my strong urge and anxiety lead again towards it. I used my type multivitamin for some time which includes Revital mainly. I used to drink water a lot nearly 6 to 7 liters daily. A few months back, I came to know my vitamin D is also low. I am a vegetarian. I have multiple kidney stones (5 to 6) in both sides. This is the fourth time of formation. In the LFT test, OT and PT are very high. Please prescribe some medicine for fatty liver, cholesterol and other problems you find from my history and blood test.

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgery Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

You need to modify your diet and lifestyle consistently and avoid all medicines and foods which can potentially damage the liver. You need to be on a diet high in protein and low in fat or carbohydrates. You should have regular physical activity. Regarding medicines, I need to see the liver function tests to comment. Can you give the exact SGOT and SGPT values?

All blood test and ultrasound reports are attached. I also feel slight pain on the heart side also may be because of cholesterol.

Dr. Noushif M

#

You can have the following medicines, tablet Udiliv (Ursodeoxycholic acid) 300 mg twice daily for a month, Calcirol sachet (60 K) (Vitamin D3) one sachet weekly for six weeks. Follow the diet and other instructions well. Get a repeat liver function test done after two months and review with the report.

I am having constipation problem and a feeling of incomplete evacuation. How to solve it?

Query: Hi doctor,I have chronic constipation, gas problem, pain in lower abdomen and stress for the last two years. I am 30 years old. I have tried many ayurvedic and homoeopathy medicines but got only permanent relief. I also have piles. I had a sonography last year, and the results were normal.  Read Full »

I have a problem with bowel movements. Kindly help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a problem with bowel movements with soft, pasty stools. Lots of small stools after the first bowel movement in the morning. All bowel movements take hours to develop once I feel I am in need of a bowel movement. Often times I have to manipulate bowel movement with a shallo...  Read Full »

Why do I have indigestion and vomiting since a month?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having indigestion and vomiting since one month. It is not frequent, but twice or thrice in a week. When I am having my dinner after eating half of the meals I feel some air in my stomach and suddenly vomit everything. I am having this issue in the morning too. When I wake up, I fee...  Read Full »