Gi Bleeding

Why is blood coming out while passing stools?

Query: 48, M, 5.3, 62KG, from past 24 hours blood coming out 5 times before motion.No pain or No stomachace, while outgoing blood.  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, welcome to our site. Read your query. That is a very significant question and i appreciate your problem. I will try my best to answer your query Passage of blood in stools could mean a couple of things. However since i dont have a complete history, I can just give you general guidelines of...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for pain and blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, During my recent flight journey, because of privacy issue, I did not go for the toilet and I controlled it for five hours. Next day, I started to feel burning while passing stools. Now every time I feel pain, I can see blood while wiping with a tissue. How to cure this while staying h...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Pandey

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of the causes of such rectal bleeding are not life-threatening, but before proceeding with the treatment, the exact cause should be investigated first. Can you describe the color of the blood? Was it dark red or blackish or normal blood color? Did you also f...  Read Full »

I have nausea, black stools, belly pain and gas. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a female, 58, 5'10", 239lbs. I am having nausea every morning. It comes and goes during the day. I also have black stools, belly pain, and gas. I am on Lexapro 10 mg, Pramipexole 3 mg, Lamotrigine 25 mg twice daily and 200 mg once, Meloxicam 15 mg, Metformin 500 mg, Gabapentin 300 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anantha Narayanan.n

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of upper gastrointestinal intestinal bleed. Please stop Meloxicam 15 mg tablet immediately. I suggest you take proton pump inhibitor medication like Omeprazole 40 mg tablet straightaway and take preferably cold water. Please check with a...  Read Full »

Why am I spitting phlegm with some red blood?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. Recently, I got an endoscopy. The report shows that I have erosive gastropathy. I have been using medicines for one month. Now, for a few days, while spitting phlegm a small amount of light red blood comes out from my mouth. I also have some throat and chest pain. But, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is bleeding in the stomach due to erosive gastritis, then it would be in the form of vomiting and brown or chocolate in color. Any bleeding in the stomach cannot be bright red in color with small quantity. As mentioned in your report (attachment removed to protec...  Read Full »

Can GI bleeding be cured with medicines?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has been diagnosed with probability of lower GI bleed in proximal jejunal small bowel loops through nuclear scan. She is a heart patient and had been operated in the past and got her two valves replaced. She has to take blood thinning medications like Warfarin. My mother had ...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The RBC scan detects only the site of bleeding and presence or absence of active bleeding. There is no work up done to reach reason for this bleeding. At present, it is assumed that this bleeding episode might be due to drug Warfarin, which had caused bleeding from some s...  Read Full »

What causes bleeding during bowel movements?

Query: Having blood with bowel movements, this has been occurring for the last 5 days with a consistent bleed, some bowel movements have a heavier bleed and i have a wipe there is an excessive amount of blood. The bleeding only occurs during my bowel movements. I am not feeling lightheaded/dizzy, nauseous ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. I can understand you might have terrible time because of your condition. The quantity of blood is very important to understand before a list of diagnosis can be made. Since you said it is heavier, and that all started 5 days back, it seem most commonly due to acute...  Read Full »

Blood in vomit after drinking too much alcohol. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20 year old male. About three days ago, I vomited bright red blood after consuming excessive alcohol. This is the first time I have consumed more than one beer and I was also unconscious. I have not been having any pains or any other symptoms. After the first vomit of blood, I pu...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. At this age, bleeding with vomiting is likely due to an injury to the lower esophagus because of the¬†force of the vomit. If the bleeding was severe, then an upper GI (gastrointestinal) endoscopy is necessary for two reasons. Alcohol drinking ...  Read Full »

Why do I get bleeding from back while passing stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old, male, suffering from blood bleeding from the back while passing stools in regular intervals. Initially, it bled in two months interval, and now it is one month. How serious is it?  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in stools can be from the upper gastrointestinal tract (UGI) or from the lower gastrointestinal tract (LGI). The dark altered blood is from upper GI bleed and fresh blood is mostly from the lower GI tract. We need to evaluate various possibilities that can caus...  Read Full »

Why is there blood in stools along with pain while wiping?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiance is having blood in his stool. It is bright red also. He said it hurts while wiping a little. He has had it more than twice a month. His stool is solid and very dark brown. Also, said the blood in the toilet was very noticeable and that when he wiped the toilet paper looked l...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concern. Presence of blood in the stool and dark-colored stools indicate that some active bleeding is going on in the proximal part of the gastrointestinal tract. The blood gets digested in the in...  Read Full »

Does blood in sputum of chronic smoker indicate cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother just turned 26 years old three days back and he is a smoker from last seven years. On an average, he smokes 6 to 7 cigarettes a day. He developed a morning cough within a year of smoking. Now my query is that a few days back his stomach was upset and he puked. After puking ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unlikely to be lung cancer. Firstly, the lung cancer is unlikely at this age group and frequently develop after 45 to 50 years. Next thing, blood should have been present consistently and other symptoms would have been present. Most of the times such occasional...  Read Full »