Q. I am passing maroon colored stools. Could it be due to stomach bleeding?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Gi Bleeding or Complete Stool Examination? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 23 year old female of 5'6" and weighs 250 lbs. Currently, I am on an antibiotic for tooth abscess. I have been taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol for the pain. Now, I believe that I may have stomach bleeding due to a maroonish colored stool. I just need to know if I should visit the ER right now.