Gingival Graft

Is graft necessary for gum recession?

Query: Hi doctor, I have gum recession due to bruxism and aggressive brushing. None of my gum measurements are over 3. Should I get a gum graft now or should I wait?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is better get gum graft now (gingival graft). Also, it will be better if you get a mouthguard for bruxism and wear them permanently except while eating. For further doubts consult a periodontist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/periodontist   Read Full »

Why are the stitches in my mouth coming loose?

Query: Hi doctor, I had gum graft surgery a couple of days ago. Now, the swelling has gone down around the graft site. I am noticing that some of my stitches on one side are loose and coming out. Should I be worried about this? There is no bleeding. Otherwise, it appears to be healing. I have attached phot...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The suture or stitches are self-dissolving, then will get loosen and dissolve in the course of time. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The gum grafts are adequately placed and tight as required. You do not need to worry about it. T...  Read Full »

I fear that my teeth are going to fall out due to receding gums. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I have receding gums, and they are sore as well. Two of the teeth are wobbly, and I am terrified they are going to fall out. I am only 19 years old. I brush and floss my teeth twice a day. I used to smoke. Since I have noticed my teeth issue, I quit smoking. Please help me. I am desperat...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your complaint, it looks like you have deep gum infection and it is causing loss of attachment of teeth to gums making them loose. As you are a smoker, it causes the gum health to deter even faster. When there is a recession, only home remedies will not be sufficie...  Read Full »

What does triple attachment gum graft mean?

Query: Hi doctor, Six weeks ago, I had gum graft. I was told that it could take three months or longer to grow to the maximum. He mentioned it as triple attachment. He tried to explain it, but I did not understand it. In gum grafting, what does triple attachment mean? He also said that, if did not totally...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Triple attachment graft means when the graft consists of three items, namely cancellous bone, cortical bone and gingiva. Some places where the graft is required there is loss of bone too. So, some bone material is also required. The bone is of two types in the jaws. They ...  Read Full »