Glioblastoma

Will biopsy report of tumor change while performing craniotomy for the second time?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently my mother had a craniotomy for tumor removal. Last year she had a craniotomy as well, and it was diagnosed as glioblastoma. But this time, the biopsy report says it is anaplastic astrocytoma. The oncologist says the report is wrong. I am attaching the report below. Please giv...  Read Full »

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and will help you regarding it. I have assessed the attached histopathology report thoroughly (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). First of all, I would like to tell you that a pathologist gives the diagnosis based on the...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for glioblastoma?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient has glioblastoma cancer, undergone surgery but not operated correctly, taken radiotherapy and chemotherapy, the doctor said chemo tablets are not working, maybe the tumor has formed again so they stopped giving medicine. We are not going anywhere now.   Read Full »

Dr. Satya Narayan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have considered in history, surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy have been already given. The glioblastoma is a grade IV brain tumor so have overall poor outcomes even after best treatment. So if the disease is unresectable, consider for best supportive care at hom...  Read Full »

Kindly guide about stage 2 glioblastoma.

Query: Hello doctor, One of my very close relatives has been diagnosed with glioblastoma, stage 2. We need immediate consultation and guidance.  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the MRI report, it looks like high-grade glioma and more likely glioblastoma. Just to correct you, glioblastoma is a grade 4 (highest grade) tumor and it is synonymous with brain cancer. But it needs to be operated. Then only we will get a definite diagn...  Read Full »