Q. Is glioblastoma curable?

Dr. Satya Narayan
Published on Mar 14, 2019

The patient has glioblastoma cancer, undergone surgery but not operated correctly, taken radiotherapy and chemotherapy, the doctor said chemo tablets are not working, maybe the tumor has formed again so they stopped giving medicine. We are not going anywhere now.

Dr. Satya Narayan

Radiation Oncology
#

As you have considered in history, surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy have been already given. The glioblastoma is a grade IV brain tumor so have overall poor outcomes even after best treatment. So if the disease is unresectable, consider for best supportive care at home. But if the patient's general condition is good, it is time to add a second line of chemotherapy. All these drugs are prescribed only after patient's clinical examination. So my humble request to please consider for local oncologist visit.

My father has severe diarrhea after chemotherapy for colon cancer. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 43 years old father has colon cancer. He had undergone hemicolectomy laparoscopic surgery, and he is currently undergoing chemotherapy with Xelox (Oxaliplatin and Capecitabine). I am here to ask you about the side effects of chemo that my father is experiencing from the first¬†cycle...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rakesh Mittal
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Diarrhea could be due to surgery or chemotherapy or both. Normally, the patients should not have this much diarrhea. If it remains uncontrolled, you may have to stop chemotherapy for some days.Weight loss is common in this condition. After chemotherapy, he should be fine. A...  Read Full

Ask a Radiation Oncologist Now