Q. Is glioblastoma curable?

Dr. Satya Narayan

The patient has glioblastoma cancer, undergone surgery but not operated correctly, taken radiotherapy and chemotherapy, the doctor said chemo tablets are not working, maybe the tumor has formed again so they stopped giving medicine. We are not going anywhere now.

Dr. Satya Narayan

Radiation Oncology
#

As you have considered in history, surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy have been already given. The glioblastoma is a grade IV brain tumor so have overall poor outcomes even after best treatment. So if the disease is unresectable, consider for best supportive care at home. But if the patient's general condition is good, it is time to add a second line of chemotherapy. All these drugs are prescribed only after patient's clinical examination. So my humble request to please consider for local oncologist visit.

|