Q. Kindly suggest an alternative to Pregabalin for my wife's glossitis.

Dr. Florilyn Joyce Chulsi Bentrez

My wife is suffering from glossitis for more than a year. She has obtained partial relief with Lyrica 75 mg. She was then prescribed Pregeba NT that included another drug in combination with Pregabalin but, she could not bear the giddiness. So, she went back to Lyrica.

Can you suggest other alternatives to Pregabalin that might work without causing severe giddiness? She is willing to try anything which will relieve the inflammation and the pain.

Thanks.

#

Thank you for the query. Kindly tell me the source of your glossitis? What is the etiology? Is it infectious or nutritional?

We might need to address the question before prescribing a medication. It will help if you take anti-inflammatory medicines such as Etorixocib with Benzydamine oral or throat spray.

Complete blood count, ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), biopsy.

Glossitis.

Glossitis.

|