Bland Diet

Please suggest a diet to lower cholesterol.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I just found out that I have high cholesterol. My doctors advised me to change my diet. But, they did not give any suggestions other than to avoid fast food and fatty food. My issue is that my diet option is already limited due to my food allergies (strawberries, melons...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First thing is that you should take medicines for high cholesterol and Crohn's disease. Also your BMI - body mass index is high which tends to obesity. Now your diet for two months under observation should be bland diet. A bland diet is a diet consisting of foods...  Read Full »

I Feel Like Something Is Stuck In My Throat. What Could Be The Reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had sores on the back of my tongue for weeks now. I have a pain in both ears that comes and goes. I also occasionally have a feeling of something in my throat that will not clear by swallowing. What could possibly be going on and who should I see for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A chronic throat irritation with an enlargement of lingual tonsils that feel like sores in the back of your tongue, foreign body sensation in the lower part of the throat and recurrent ear pain are usually symptoms of reflux laryngopharyngitis, which is a type of aci...  Read Full »

What are the specific measures I should follow before surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having surgery next week for reflux, Nissen fundoplication and hiatal hernia repair. A week before surgery, what can I do to improve my chance of success and limit the chance of complication? Can I take my Nexium (PPI) on the day of surgery or should I stop now?  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are no special measures you have to take for the surgery. Just maintain a light and watery diet from a week before surgery. The two last days (especially the last one) you can take any laxatives such as magnesium sulfate to clean and empty your intestine so that ...  Read Full »

What does my endoscopic biopsy suggest?

Query: Hi doctor, I am working as a software professional. Recently, I had discomfort in digestion, severe bloating, gas formation and a frequent sensation of motions. I went to a gastroenterologist and he made an endoscopy and an endoscopic biopsy. The biopsy report is as below. Nature of specimen: Re...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reports of biopsy are suggestive of erosive gastritis. Razo-D, Rabeprazole is a good medicine, but you need to take it twice a day before breakfast and dinner. I also suggest Sucrase-O 2 teaspoons four times a day and a good probiotic twice a day for 10 days. Consult...  Read Full »

My mother is weak after a surgery. Please suggest a diet plan for her recovery.

Query: Hello doctor,My mother had undergone a laparoscopy assisted vaginal hysterectomy two months ago. She is 52 years old, height 5 feet and 2 inches, weight 70 kg. She does not have any other medical issues. She was advised to avoid spicy food for a month. She has fatigue, weakness, constipation and gas...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother needs a wholesome diet that is rich in protein as well as vitamins, and calcium. Start with a low-fat diet which has moderate levels of carbohydrates, but is rich in protein. Give her four small meals a day, instead of three big ones. Breakfast should inclu...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in belly followed by passage of stools?

Query: Hello doctor, From the last 15 days I have a problem that I feel pain in my belly and then after that, I have to go to the toilet to pass stool. This happened 4 to 5 times a day. Because of this I also have a problem of rashes on my anus. Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have acute gastroenteritis like infective pathology. It is advisable to take an antacid like Rabeprazole for a week. Empirically broad spectrum antibiotic like Ofloxacin plus Ornidazole combination can be started. Take bland diet more. Avoid excess spicy foo...  Read Full »

I am having a lot of gas after having outside food. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I had chicken last night at an outside restaurant. Since then I am having too much of gas and little constipation. Also, my head is heavy and I feel like there is a stomach infection. But, until now I did not get loose stools. What should I do now?  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have developed acidity following chicken consumption. At this time I would recommend you take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once daily for three days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the...  Read Full »

I have an ulcer in my mouth that did not go away after antibiotics. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 24 year old female. I visited a dentist a week back for pain and swelling at the back of the throat at the retromolar region. The dentist took an X-ray, but no wisdom tooth was present. The dentist prescribed antibiotic Metronidazole and I completed the course. The problem is my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have just gone through your complaint. It could be due to some vitamin deficiency since you have already taken Metronidazole and it has not helped you. So, it may not be a bacterial infection. I would suggest you use a mouthwash containing Chlorhexidine gluconate, un...  Read Full »